Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: LEAF AFI IN THE HANDS OF...  (Read 24208 times)

RicAgu

LEAF AFI IN THE HANDS OF...
« on: June 24, 2007, 11:06:46 pm »

Well, just to let you know that the AFI seems to be in the hands of some shooters and working.  You can see it by the picture attached that Markus Klinko has one and seems to be using it.

Anyone else have one that they may want to talk about.

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 11:51:43 pm »

In the picture these 2 pictures the camera looks big, almost in the size of the Bronica 6X7. Maybe it is because Markus is not that big of a guy (pun intented)

The finish in the camera looks not like the final treatment. I wonder if it is one early prototype. Thanks for sharing

Eduardo

RicAgu

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 11:56:13 pm »

I know the camera looks huge it could be the angle and lens.  Because Markus is about 6'4" so he is not a small guy.

David Anderson

• http://www.twigwater.com
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 06:46:36 am »

That's a killer pout he's got..

Is it Magnum or Blue Steel ?  
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 06:47:11 am by David Anderson »

savagegibson

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 08:52:13 am »

That does look like a BFC.

Carl Glover

• http://www.alephstudio.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 09:06:56 am »

Judging by the size of his hands in relation to the size of his head it's just a wideangle thing.

The best way to find out is to put the camera in my hands. I promise not to pout too much.

yaya

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 09:35:20 am »

Judging by the size of his hands in relation to the size of his head it's just a wideangle thing.

The best way to find out is to put the camera in my hands. I promise not to pout too much.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[a href=\"http://www.leaf-photography.com/pages/News/events/calumet_event.aspx]AFi in Carl's hands[/url]

Maybe we'll see you next week? I'll bring a P&S so that we can post your pouting pic here on LL  

Yair

doncody

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 09:35:44 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124757\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think Markus has been a Mamiya RZ/Leaf guy up to now, so size shouldn't be causing the pout.  (gas maybe?)

I agree, I wouldn't pout either.

DC

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 09:36:27 am »

That's a killer pout he's got..

Is it Magnum or Blue Steel ? 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124749\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That has to be La Tigre

RicAgu

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 11:43:41 am »

Yeah, he is a bit of a cheeseball.  

But it is interesting to see that people are shooting with it and it is out and about.

Khun_K

• http://
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 12:35:11 pm »

Yeah, he is a bit of a cheeseball. 

But it is interesting to see that people are shooting with it and it is out and about.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124785\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It is in fact quite compact and very comfortable to hold and to shoot. I have had it sitting side by side with my Contax 645+P45 and H3D39, Hy6 is the smallest and lightest. Well balanced, very convincing. Image quality made with Sinar e75LV is first class and yes, it is working very well.

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 01:27:51 pm »

I think Markus has been a Mamiya RZ/Leaf guy up to now, so size shouldn't be causing the pout.  (gas maybe?)

I agree, I wouldn't pout either.

DC
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=0\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

it does not surprise me that he has one to play with...he has been sinar sponsored for a while....i don't think i have seen a sinar ad without his name on it in years.....but he also has a deal with leaf.....i wonder how much was going on behind the scenes, which brand he would be showing....i guess he wasn't going to change his back for sinar!

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 01:41:00 pm »

this might give a better feeling of the size of the Sinar Hy6

Thierry
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 01:48:57 pm by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

nicolaasdb

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 01:41:32 pm »

how will the auto focussing be on this camera?? the same slow antique center focussing or will they MF company finally get their s together and come up with a faster and adjustable focussing??

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 02:05:01 pm »

how will the auto focussing be on this camera?? the same slow antique center focussing or will they MF company finally get their s together and come up with a faster and adjustable focussing??
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124801\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Single centerpoint or does it have multiple AF Zones? (not expecting Canon or Nikon speed and flexibility here but some more zones than just the center would be a major step forward.)

Thierry, you either have small hands or it is indeed a very compact machine!

Khun_K

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 02:11:21 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124801\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This might give a good reference of the size comparison. Between Hy6-e75LV and Contax 645+P45 and H3D39.

Khun_K

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2007, 02:29:13 pm »

This might give a good reference of the size comparison. Between Hy6-e75LV and Contax 645+P45 and H3D39.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124809\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Or a more complete size comparison.  Combine the compact size and lighter weight and easily accessible switches, the Hy6 is a very nice field camera and a studio camera. AF speed is comparable to H3D39, faster than Contax 645. Both waist level and prism finder is working well.

BJNY

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2007, 02:42:41 pm »

Khun K,
I handled an AFi a couple of days here in NYC recently, and was told the 90 degree prism is not quite ready.  Please post a picture of it.  Any distortion viewing through one?
Guillermo

RicAgu

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2007, 03:32:56 pm »

You'd Figure the prism would be the easiest things to make happen.  

From the looks of the Sinar back it looks like it will be difficult to have a 90 degree prism because of the length.  

Will they maye a 45 degree prism?

Was it finally released that the back is rotatable or do you have to remove it and put it back on to switch from horizontal to vertical.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 03:33:42 pm by RicAgu »

hubell

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2007, 04:39:08 pm »

You'd Figure the prism would be the easiest things to make happen. 

From the looks of the Sinar back it looks like it will be difficult to have a 90 degree prism because of the length. 

Will they maye a 45 degree prism?

Was it finally released that the back is rotatable or do you have to remove it and put it back on to switch from horizontal to vertical.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124818\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The camera just seems like a non-starter to me for use outside a studio environment until there is a rotatable back so that you can easily switch into vertical mode. I cannot imagine removing the back in anything like a harsh, external environment every time I want to shoot a vertical composition. With an H series body and an L bracket, switching to a vertical composition is quick with no risk of contamination of the  sensor with dust, dirt, sand, etc.
Too bad. The Rollei guys are surely capable of developing a very well engineered 645 camera body that could surpass the H series in many ways, with great lenses to boot. It just seems that the marketing people running these companies don't talk with the professional photographers out there to find out what they really want.  Maybe I am wrong. Perhaps there is a large market out there of people who want a camera like the Hy6 that uses a 645 sensor with a finder configured for a 6x6 film back and that requires you to remove the back to shoot verticals. We will see.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up