Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: R2400 stopped printing...Help  (Read 4037 times)

Hendrik

• http://www.hendrik-fotografie.nl
R2400 stopped printing...Help
« on: June 24, 2007, 11:39:13 am »

I encountered a problem with my Epson R2400 on a Windows XP Pro computer.

My print didn’t complete, a few inches at the bottom wasn’t printed. Well, since it was a test, I didn’t care that much. After some editing I wanted to print another page, but nothing happened. The printer didn’t start and I could see in the pop-up printer-window ‘finish’ the job within a second (the blue progress bar). I tried some new attempts, but failed (I heared the printer a few seconds). If I remember correctly, I saw once the error message: “Unable to connect printer”.

I rebooted, checked all cables, but nothing seems to help. I can see the ink status, so I guess the printer is connected to the computer.

Fortunately I could print when I changed in the properties – Advanced window:
“Spool print documents …” to “Print directly to the Printer”

What has happened, and how can I correct it?

« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 01:48:42 pm by Hendrik »

mjros61

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 01:12:21 pm »

I encountered a problem with my Epson R2400 on a Windows XP Pro computer.

My print didn’t complete, a few inches at the bottom wasn’t printed. Well, since it was a test, I didn’t care that much. After some editing I wanted to print another page, but nothing happened. The printer didn’t start and I could see in the pop-up printer-window ‘finish’ the job within a second (the blue progress balk). I tried some new attempts, but failed (I heared the printer a few seconds). If I remember correctly, I saw once the error message: “Unable to connect printer”.

I rebooted, checked all cables, but nothing seems to help. I can see the ink status, so I guess the printer is connected to the computer.

Fortunately I could print when I changed in the properties – Advanced window:
“Spool print documents …” to “Print directly to the Printer”

What has happened, and how can I correct it?

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124654\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

mjros61

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 01:19:26 pm »

havn't seen this on an XP machine in a while, but is a common problem over a network or with a "new" OS like Vista.

colinm

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 01:37:50 pm »

How did you check the cable? This sort of thing is very common when a USB cable is either bad or low-quality.

If you have another cable you know is working well (say, one attached to your scanner), I'd swap it with the printer's cable and see if that doesn't correct the problem.
Colin

Hendrik

• http://www.hendrik-fotografie.nl
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 02:12:17 pm »

I don't have another cable. It's a firewire cable I use. I checked only if it was correctly inserted. Since I can communicate with the printer, e.g. checking the ink levels and printing directly to the printer, I assume the cable must be correct.

ericstaud

• www.ericstaudenmaier.com
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 02:19:49 pm »

I don't have another cable. It's a firewire cable I use. I checked only if it was correctly inserted. Since I can communicate with the printer, e.g. checking the ink levels and printing directly to the printer, I assume the cable must be correct.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124674\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just explain to whoever is in charge of your finances that your 2400 has had a fatal error and the only solution is to buy a 3800

Marty C

• http://www.shorephoto.com
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 03:57:07 pm »

Go to the properties window in the driver and then to advanced. Uncheck " Use Advanced Printing features. This will solve the cutting off at the bottom of the print.

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 09:00:49 pm »

Check the Epson support site. They have documented this problem and how to fix it.
Eric Chan
Pages: [1]   Go Up