Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop CS3 and 16 bit files  (Read 2940 times)

David R. Gurtcheff

Photoshop CS3 and 16 bit files
« on: June 23, 2007, 12:57:08 pm »

Hello all:
I have beeen contracted to shoot 10 large nursing/convalesence homes. I have completed 4. Iam using a 1DSII and shooting RAW format, and using ACR to open my files. The first three jobs I was using Photoshop CS. ACR always opened the files as 16 bit, which I am under the impression that this is the highest quality. I recently upgraded to CS3. I opened each of the most recent job's files with ACR and CS3 and they all open as 8 bit files. I have not changed any camera settings, and am confused why the files are not 16 bit. I can change them in Photoshop from 8 to 16 bit, but I don't know if this is the same as opening them as 16 bit in the first place. I proably am making a stupid mistake somewhere in my work flow, but can't figure it out.
Thanks for any help.
Dave G in NJ

Richowens

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 01:29:56 pm »

David,

I am still using ACR 3.7 so this may not work with 4.1.

At the bottom of my ACR window is a box called workflow options. Check that box and it gives you the option of 8 bit or 16 bit, along with color space, output size and resolution.

HTH

Rich

Ed Foster, Jr.

• http://www.edfoster.net
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 02:22:48 pm »

David,

I am still using ACR 3.7 so this may not work with 4.1.

At the bottom of my ACR window is a box called workflow options. Check that box and it gives you the option of 8 bit or 16 bit, along with color space, output size and resolution.
HTH
Rich
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124555\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

4.1 is similar. At the bottom center of the screen is located what appears like a hyperlink listing the working space, resolution, etc.   Click there and you can change those settings.

Ed
Ed Foster, Jr.
[url=http://www.edfoster.

David R. Gurtcheff

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 03:01:30 pm »

4.1 is similar. At the bottom center of the screen is located what appears like a hyperlink listing the working space, resolution, etc.   Click there and you can change those settings.

Ed
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124566\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thank you both so much.
Best regards
Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up