Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: 48mm x 48mm Sensor  (Read 50890 times)

Kumar

• http://www.bskumarphotography.com
48mm x 48mm Sensor
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2008, 01:43:23 am »

I'm curious to know if anyone here ever used the Dicomed BigShot 4000?
Full-format 6cm x 6cm CCD array with 4,096 x 4,096 pixel resolution.
48MB file capture.
Pixel color depth - 12-bit per color channel or 12-bit monochrome.
It was usable with the Hasselblad 553 ELX only, I believe.

Cheers,
Kumar

James R Russell

• http://www.russellrutherford.com/
48mm x 48mm Sensor
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2008, 01:43:43 am »

Would love to do it, James, but I don't have currently a dslr in my hands. If it happens that I cross one (which should not be that difficult!), I'll d it.

Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195395\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you guys produce an lcd AND a preview on par with the Canons or god help us the Nikons and the preview is usable for quick editing and shows color, tone, WB,  noise reduction, etc. etc. then you will really have something.

Don't get me wrong, I hope your there, it just moves all of this along faster.

JR

Sean Reginald Knight

• Awaiting Authorisation
48mm x 48mm Sensor
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2008, 03:48:47 am »

I guess I had better hang on to my Mamiya 67, Linhof Master Technika Classic and my Ebony 810UE because it is a FACT that these are ready for FUTURE 6x7cm, 4"x5" and 8"x10" digital sensors respectively. Now why didn't their marketing departments think about stating that hyperbole, err, fact per Thierry?  

Thierry for President of the United States. I am being utterly respectful.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 03:50:54 am by Sean Reginald Knight »

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
48mm x 48mm Sensor
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2008, 07:45:55 am »

Sean,

with the possibility of seeming disrespectful, your comment is stupid. I guess you did not improve since your last post.

President of the US? You are not without ignoring that I am French, are you?

Best regards,
Thierry

I guess I had better hang on to my Mamiya 67, Linhof Master Technika Classic and my Ebony 810UE because it is a FACT that these are ready for FUTURE 6x7cm, 4"x5" and 8"x10" digital sensors respectively. Now why didn't their marketing departments think about stating that hyperbole, err, fact per Thierry?   

Thierry for President of the United States. I am being utterly respectful.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195415\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

hubell

48mm x 48mm Sensor
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2008, 10:02:56 am »

Perhaps they read the first sentence of the Sinar web page touting the virtues of the Hy6.
"The Sinar Hy6 is currently the only medium format AF camera that not only covers the usual 6x4.5 format, but also the classic 6x6 format and thereby has still room for even larger CCDs."
Please don't try to fool us into thinking that Sinar and its partners have not deliberately tried to create an "expectation" in the medium format digital marketplace that a new class of larger, square sensors is around the corner, and this is a sound reason for buying a Hy6. It lacks integrity.

James,

for once I agree to disagree with you: it does not happen that often.

I can assure you that we haven't (understand Sinar hasn't) "briefed" our dealers/distributors about new coming (square/bigger/larger/higher resolution, etc ...) sensors: it is not our style.
May be those dealers/distributors have been brainwashed by all the calls/talks?

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195394\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thsinar

48mm x 48mm Sensor
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2008, 10:45:57 am »

Dear Howard,

Let me first of all be precise: what you have quoted here below as being on the Sinar webpage is actually in the 3rd sub-page, after having clicked to "Products", then "Cameras", then "Sinar Hy6".

But still, I don't really understand what is wrong with this and why we should or could not write it, moreover why I am attacked this way for such a silly reason, and why you allow yourself to accuse a company or its employes of a lack of integrity. Well, it might be the same reason as it has been in the past, and I actually don't mind about it. There must be some frustration or other reason(s) behind this. Think simply a few seconds about what you have written and accused of.

You and most others are mature and able to discern what is fooling with somebody and what is a lack of integrity, I am sure of that. I am "sad" for my colleagues (don't worry, I am not crying) who I know do give the best out of them for exactly the opposite reason: having a reputation of seriousness and integrity.

I guess there is no point to argue with you. If my or our lack of integrity is so evident to you, simply ignore my posts and the information I am giving.

Best regards,
Thierry

Perhaps they read the first sentence of the Sinar web page touting the virtues of the Hy6.
"The Sinar Hy6 is currently the only medium format AF camera that not only covers the usual 6x4.5 format, but also the classic 6x6 format and thereby has still room for even larger CCDs."
Please don't try to fool us into thinking that Sinar and its partners have not deliberately tried to create an "expectation" in the medium format digital marketplace that a new class of larger, square sensors is around the corner, and this is a sound reason for buying a Hy6. It lacks integrity.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195466\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 11:42:36 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

48mm x 48mm Sensor
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2008, 11:40:27 am »

I did use it, Kumar, a long long time ago, when I did run workshops with all the available digital backs at that time, in our Sinar studios. Some participants might remember.

Thierry

I'm curious to know if anyone here ever used the Dicomed BigShot 4000?
Full-format 6cm x 6cm CCD array with 4,096 x 4,096 pixel resolution.
48MB file capture.
Pixel color depth - 12-bit per color channel or 12-bit monochrome.
It was usable with the Hasselblad 553 ELX only, I believe.

Cheers,
Kumar
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195398\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Sean Reginald Knight

• Awaiting Authorisation
48mm x 48mm Sensor
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2008, 02:10:37 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195466\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You must allow for the FACT that the Swiss may have a different definition of the word "integrity", you know, cultural and linguistic differences and all that. Then again, it just may be Thierry and his marketing department at Sinar.

I did mention sometime ago about the pot calling the kettle black. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Graham Mitchell

48mm x 48mm Sensor
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2008, 02:39:04 pm »

I think this thread has more than outlived its usefulness.

The Sinar literature doesn't say "you will soon be able to use larger sensors", just that the camera is future proof should larger sensors become available.

As we all know, the sensor manufacturers have to design, produce and sell the chips long before the back manufacturers can include one in a back, and there are no new chips announced. Until one is announced, this thread is a waste of bandwidth.

hubell

48mm x 48mm Sensor
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2008, 04:53:53 pm »

You are joking, right?

The Sinar literature doesn't say "you will soon be able to use larger sensors", just that the camera is future proof should larger sensors become available.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195530\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thsinar

48mm x 48mm Sensor
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2008, 08:20:43 pm »

I have not seen one single intelligent post from you, but exclusively the readiness to jump in to attack myself, "my" company or others, same as hcubell: bringing this on the race and nationality level tells a lot about you.

And for your information, I shall repeat it once more: I am a French citizen, which means in this case that there are at least 2 countries sharing a different definition about the word "integrity", if you are right that the understanding of this word is based on cultural and linguistic backgrounds. I don't know which nationality YOU have, but it would not come up in my mind to check and use it to base my answer on such non-sense aimed exclusively at provocation and to denigrate a person and a company's reputation.

Best regards,
Thierry

You must allow for the FACT that the Swiss may have a different definition of the word "integrity", you know, cultural and linguistic differences and all that. Then again, it just may be Thierry and his marketing department at Sinar.

I did mention sometime ago about the pot calling the kettle black. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195521\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 08:31:15 pm by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

48mm x 48mm Sensor
« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2008, 08:23:00 pm »

I doubt he is, but was rather thinking that you are.

Thierry

You are joking, right?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195559\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

mikeseb

• http://www.michaelsebastian.com
48mm x 48mm Sensor
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2008, 09:30:55 pm »

Hard to believe that (supposedly) mature adults are behaving like this, in writing no less.

The pugilists here are behaving like spoiled toddlers. Time for a diaper change and a juice box, I'd say.
michael sebast

thsinar

48mm x 48mm Sensor
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2008, 10:00:03 pm »

you are absolutely right, Mike.

The only point is that one apparently has the right to accuse others and companies here of lack of integrity based on non-sense, and then to shift it to a nationality issue. If it would not be a public forum I would simply ignore it, but IT IS a public forum.

But don't worry, I've said what I had to, and shall leave it there.

Best regards,
Thierry

Hard to believe that (supposedly) mature adults are behaving like this, in writing no less.

The pugilists here are behaving like spoiled toddlers. Time for a diaper change and a juice box, I'd say.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195605\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Natasa Stojsic

48mm x 48mm Sensor
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2008, 10:19:49 pm »

this sensor already exists in Dalsa's drawer!

The question is if the backmakers decide to take it.

Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125636\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thierry, I have a friend who buys Ferraris and sends them to Pininfarina... for extra $$$ I'm sure.... they come up with custom made model, one of a kind Ferrari!!!

Now my question is, if he was to order one of these 48x48 sensors, who could put it in the box to work with Sinar Hy6, Leaf Hy6, Hasselblad or Mamya???

You can PM, if you don't feel comfortable answering here!!! At least you could check if and how much would cost for Sinar to do it!!!

If anybody knows who could do it, PHASE, LEAF, SINAR, MAMIYA????

I would appreciate it!!!

I don't think Hasselblad cares enough because their DB is already Full Frame   (sorry I couldn't resist)

Could Mamiya be interested?

If a reputable company would do it, (think of tandem - Ferrari/Pininfarina) I'm sure I can find the funds to support it!!!

This way we can choose the best/bigger screen on the back too......

Regards
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 11:10:23 pm by Natasa Stojsic »
[span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:

Natasa Stojsic

48mm x 48mm Sensor
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2008, 10:23:12 pm »

Double post
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 10:24:04 pm by Natasa Stojsic »

thsinar

48mm x 48mm Sensor
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2008, 10:26:31 pm »

Dear Natasa,

I'm not sure if you're serious, but I shall PM you as if you were: allow me some time, I have to visit customers now.

Best regards,
Thierry

Now my question is, if he was to order one of these 48x48 sensors, who could put it in the box to work with Sinar Hy6, Leaf Hy6, Hasselblad or Mamya???

You can PM, if you don't feel comfortable answering here!!! At least you could check if and how much would cost for Sinar to do it!!!

Regards
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195612\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Natasa Stojsic

48mm x 48mm Sensor
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2008, 10:30:41 pm »

Dear Natasa,

I'm not sure if you're serious, but I shall PM you as if you were: allow me some time, I have to visit customers now.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195614\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[span style=\'font-size:11pt;line-height:100%\']!!!V E R Y   S E R I O U S!!![/span]

thsinar

48mm x 48mm Sensor
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2008, 10:33:55 pm »

!!!WELL NOTED!!!

[span style=\'font-size:11pt;line-height:100%\']!!!V E R Y   S E R I O U S!!![/span]
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=195615\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

BJL

48mm x 48mm Sensor
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2008, 02:25:21 pm »

Dear BJL,

I don't know where and when Sinar (or Leaf, if I can allow myself speaking for them), or even F&H have started a hype about this bigger 48x48 sensor coming: all these companies did was to mention the readiness in their respective Hy6/AFi brochures, which is a fact. I for myself have mentioned it once.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks Thierry for confirming the main point of my post: that the quoted statement from F&H was only yet another statement of the obvious fact that a 48x48mm sensor would fit within the 56x56mm frame of 6x6 format, and not a claim that any such sensor is actually forthcoming for DMF.

My final paragraph was labeled as floating just one possible and somewhat cynical hypothesis as to why this obvious fact is stated repeatedly in Hy6 advertising, I am not claiming to know the actual reason for statements like this one of yours last June:
this sensor already exists in Dalsa's drawer!

The question is if the backmakers decide to take it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125636\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

By the way, I remain skeptical that such a sensor suitable for DMF exists except possibly as a design. Dalsa does make an even larger square sensor, 50x50mm sensor, but only 4MP and for X-rays and such, not suitable for DMF: the [a href=\"http://www.dalsa.com/sensors/products/productdetails.asp?ProductID=IA-DJ-02084]IA-DJ-02084[/url]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up