Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problems working between PS CS3 and Lightroom  (Read 2144 times)

ecpny

problems working between PS CS3 and Lightroom
« on: June 22, 2007, 07:23:13 am »

when working on images in LR then editing in PS then saving changes as TIFF, the new TIFF does not show up in the LR folder.  even after i specifically import that TIFF to that folder it still doesn't show up.  

Also if I open a PSD file from LR library into PS and make adjustments then save the it as a PSD the changes are not shown in LR.  and when i re-open that file the adjustments are not made.

am i missing something with the library in LR?

its very frustrating and it keeps me working in Bridge not LR

any help would be appreciated.

DavidW

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 01:06:02 pm »

I can't remember the exact logic, but Lightroom tends to ignore the same image in the same folder in different formats. I put Photoshop files in a separate folder to RAW files, so I don't get this problem.

I thought there was a way to disable this behaviour, but I can't find it now. Anyone?

David

DaHen

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 02:33:55 pm »

I thought there was a way to disable this behaviour, but I can't find it now. Anyone?
David
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124547\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I hope someone chimes in with a answer.    
My System: Windows8.1. Intel Core i7-377

aduke

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 03:11:06 pm »

I can't remember the exact logic, but Lightroom tends to ignore the same image in the same folder in different formats. I put Photoshop files in a separate folder to RAW files, so I don't get this problem.

David
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124547\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

In Lightroom, choose the Edit in Photoshop function. That brings up a dialog that contains a "Stack with original" checkbox.

The TIFF that LR creates from the RAW file will be given a different name and will be automatically imported into LR.

Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up