Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 cutting paper  (Read 3072 times)

Harry Carpenter

Z3100 cutting paper
« on: June 20, 2007, 05:07:02 pm »

After a few minor issues, I am now happy with the print quality from this printer. One thing that continues to irritate is the fact that when loading a new roll of satin paper it cuts off the first three inches.
Even more annoying is that before printing it now has taken it upon itself to cut off another four inches.
So I am losing seven inches when I change paper.
Does anyone know if there is a fix for this or maybe the firmware upgrade addresses it? Lastly any news on the pro print plugin?

rdonson

Z3100 cutting paper
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 09:22:46 pm »

After a few minor issues, I am now happy with the print quality from this printer. One thing that continues to irritate is the fact that when loading a new roll of satin paper it cuts off the first three inches.
Even more annoying is that before printing it now has taken it upon itself to cut off another four inches.
So I am losing seven inches when I change paper.
Does anyone know if there is a fix for this or maybe the firmware upgrade addresses it? Lastly any news on the pro print plugin?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124007\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yep, we all experience the lost of three inches of paper.  Its been reported many times here.  There's no known fix and we have no idea if HP will address it.

Not sure why it cuts off another four inches of paper before printing.  I've not experienced that or heard of it before.

Pro print plug-in is available for the Mac.  No news on when it will arrive for Windoze.
Regards,
Ron

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
Z3100 cutting paper
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 07:28:06 am »

Yep, we all experience the lost of three inches of paper.  Its been reported many times here.  There's no known fix and we have no idea if HP will address it.

Not sure why it cuts off another four inches of paper before printing.  I've not experienced that or heard of it before.

Pro print plug-in is available for the Mac.  No news on when it will arrive for Windoze.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124049\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
This drives me crazy. I change from roll to sheet often. At least they should say why exactly it has to be this way or change it to what we want.
I did just experience the ink out cut off too. I was printing a 36" x90 print and red went out. It immediately cut off and ended the job. This too is unacceptable. The other HP's don't do this. Nor do Epson.

Charlie B

Z3100 cutting paper
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 08:28:50 am »

This drives me crazy. I change from roll to sheet often. At least they should say why exactly it has to be this way or change it to what we want.
I did just experience the ink out cut off too. I was printing a 36" x90 print and red went out. It immediately cut off and ended the job. This too is unacceptable. The other HP's don't do this. Nor do Epson.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124330\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Amen!!!

Harry Carpenter

Z3100 cutting paper
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 12:10:33 pm »

Anyone know if HP read these forums and act on the issues raised?

dajaka

Z3100 cutting paper
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 05:26:44 pm »

You might try telling the printer that its a fine art paper being loaded, wait for it to finish and then change the loaded paper setting on the control panel.

I haven't tried this and its ridiculous that we should have to do it but it might work.

I've never seen the other extra paper cutoff when printing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up