Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TAKING DIGITALS WHILE CONNECTED TO LAPTOP  (Read 2264 times)

stacy

TAKING DIGITALS WHILE CONNECTED TO LAPTOP
« on: June 20, 2007, 02:35:22 pm »

I am starting a product website and am new to photography. I have a digital camera and a laptop, but I want to take pictures and see them on the laptop immediately. I do not want to remove the memory card from the camera and upload to pc to see if I like the picture and then place card back into camera and shoot again.

Can anyone recommend the proper equipment? Is there special software and hardware that I need?  

If it matters to your answer, I have Adobe CS3 Extended. Should I also get the Lightroom?

THANK YOU SO MUCH from a frustrated person new to product photography.

mahleu

• 500px
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 02:45:17 pm »

Which camera are you using?

stacy

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 02:55:45 pm »

I hope this doesn't offend all those real photographers out there....I am currently using the Casio Exislim 10 MB camera. I know its a point and shoot but the pictures  come out amazing.

However, I really do want to take my pictures and see them on the laptop asap, so if I have to get a new camera I will.  

If I must, I'll need someone to assist on what I need.  

Thanks

DiaAzul

• http://photo.tanzo.org/
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 03:16:36 pm »

Suggest you start by researching Breezesystem Remote Capture this may provide what you want and there is a list of supported cameras. Not sure if the casio is covered but you should find a cheap alternative on the list.

What you are doing is tethering the camera to the computer. So searching for tethered photography or tethered casio will throw up more options. Most DSLR cameras have software included for tethered operation and breezesystems produce a DSLR version of the software, though this is going to be a much more expensive option.

If you look at some of the reviews for the Canon 1DIII (try rob galbraiths website) then there is quite a lot of recent information on tethered shooting as this camera is the first dslr to introduce a liveview feature. Prossibly an expensive solution, but gives a bit more background reading.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 03:19:13 pm by DiaAzul »
David Plummer    http://photo.tanzo.org/

dct123

• http://www.dctomick.com
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 04:01:08 pm »

Actually, Olympus was the first DSLR to offer the ability to "live" tether a camera w/changable lens to a computer, although most of the Nikon and Canon DSLR cameras can be tethered to offer an "after-shot" screen capture. I have my D80 connected to a laptop via USB to get a larger view of studio shots.

As for your camera, if there is no way to attach to your computer via USB into a program that will allow "live" picture, you can use your video cable to connect to a monitor (or laptop w/video input jacks) for live view.

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up