Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Downloading from 350d  (Read 2138 times)

spidermike

Downloading from 350d
« on: June 20, 2007, 08:23:37 am »

Can anyone help ....

I have a 30d and my wife has a 350d. We have in the past been able to download from both cameras to the PC using the USB cable.
I recently downloaded some software updates from the Canon website and, while the 30d works fine, I can't download from the 350d anymore. In fact, when I plug the USB cable into the PC it asks me to insert the software driver for the 350d as if the whole thing has been cancelled (in the end we had to resort to downloading to the Epson 4000 viewer and loading them from there)
Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for your help.
Mike
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 08:24:17 am by spidermike »

oldcsar

Downloading from 350d
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 03:18:29 pm »

Hi Mike,

I don't have a direct solution to your problem. However, you could purchase a relatively inexpensive card reader (I recommend a Sandisk) and avoid the whole issue of camera drivers. Odds are that the card reader will be faster at downloading. I have a 30D and a card reader, and I would never go back to downloading straight from camera.

regards,
Brendan
Brendan Wiebe
 [url=http://smg.photobucke

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
Downloading from 350d
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 04:17:29 pm »

Mike, I second the idea of getting a card reader.  I've tried in the past to download images directly from my cameras to the computer (both USB and Firewire) and have found the cardreader just is so much faster all the way around.

don

larsrc

• http://
Downloading from 350d
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 07:25:41 am »

Mike, I second the idea of getting a card reader.  I've tried in the past to download images directly from my cameras to the computer (both USB and Firewire) and have found the cardreader just is so much faster all the way around.

don
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124001\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Plus it doesn't tie up the camera in the meanwhile, only the card, and it's cheaper to have extra cards than extra cameras.

-Lars
Pages: [1]   Go Up