Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop to Lightroom  (Read 2374 times)

Lex

Photoshop to Lightroom
« on: June 20, 2007, 01:50:32 am »

Can someone please tell me the correct way to re-import a file back into Lightroom  after sending it to Photoshop for sharpening etc. All that I can see at present is the original untouched file.  The answer is probably staring me in the face .

francois

Photoshop to Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 03:13:28 am »

Can someone please tell me the correct way to re-import a file back into Lightroom  after sending it to Photoshop for sharpening etc. All that I can see at present is the original untouched file.  The answer is probably staring me in the face .
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123880\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Lex,
The best way is to select the file within LR and choose Photo>Edit in Photoshop CS3 (or your external editor) CMD/CNTRL + E. This will create a new file and import it automatically in LR library. Then this new file will be opened in PS CS3. Once you've done your edits, you just save the file in PS CS3 (Don't use "Save as...").

Edit: when choosing Photo>Edit in Photoshop CS3, a dialog box will be displayed - see attached photo below.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 03:28:37 am by francois »
Francois

James DeMoss

• http://jbdemossphotography.com/aboutus.aspx
Photoshop to Lightroom
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 05:57:23 am »

Lex,
The best way is to select the file within LR and choose Photo>Edit in Photoshop CS3 (or your external editor) CMD/CNTRL + E. This will create a new file and import it automatically in LR library. Then this new file will be opened in PS CS3. Once you've done your edits, you just save the file in PS CS3 (Don't use "Save as...").

Edit: when choosing Photo>Edit in Photoshop CS3, a dialog box will be displayed - see attached photo below.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123887\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That is right, LR creates the new file in PS. When you are done in PS, ctrl-s saves the changes made to that same imported file (which is usually .psd BTW) back into the original LR library or sub-library

-
James

Lex

Photoshop to Lightroom
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 05:47:06 pm »

That is right, LR creates the new file in PS. When you are done in PS, ctrl-s saves the changes made to that same imported file (which is usually .psd BTW) back into the original LR library or sub-library

-
James
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123899\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you both very much    problem solved
Pages: [1]   Go Up