Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd Error Messages when Importing  (Read 2174 times)

Recked

Odd Error Messages when Importing
« on: June 18, 2007, 11:18:21 am »

Hello,

Just this past weekend I scanned a number of old photographs for my wife in .tiff format via my Epson flatbed and when I tried to import them into Lightroom I got an error that the files were too big. I then rescanned using jpeg without out files sizes of around 10 meg and got the same error messages.

Is there some file size limitation within Lightroom that prevents the import of large tiff files?

Thanks

francois

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 11:32:28 am »

Hello,

Just this past weekend I scanned a number of old photographs for my wife in .tiff format via my Epson flatbed and when I tried to import them into Lightroom I got an error that the files were too big. I then rescanned using jpeg without out files sizes of around 10 meg and got the same error messages.

Is there some file size limitation within Lightroom that prevents the import of large tiff files?

Thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123535\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I believe that images cannot exceed 10000 pixels in any dimension. It doesn't depend on file format or file size (in MB).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 11:33:40 am by francois »
Francois

Recked

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 12:09:34 pm »

Hi,

Seems a bit odd to put such a limitation on the size especially when dealing with scanned photos/negs etc.

Do have any idea why this pixel limitation was added? I assume it is because of the database directly not being able to handle files larger then this?

Thank you

francois

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 12:42:52 pm »

Hi,

Seems a bit odd to put such a limitation on the size especially when dealing with scanned photos/negs etc.

Do have any idea why this pixel limitation was added? I assume it is because of the database directly not being able to handle files larger then this?

Thank you
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
This has been discussed on Adobe forums. You can do a search for it. As far as I remember, the limit was set to 10000 pixels because of memory management. Jeff Schewe could certainly add some info on that.

By the way, the limit was not added but "built-in".

Adobe kbase document: [a href=\"http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=333736&sliceId=2]here[/url]

Adobe forum: Just one of the threads
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 12:45:54 pm by francois »
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up