Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting colourport to read GMiO TC918 1 page targe  (Read 2073 times)

bossanova808

Getting colourport to read GMiO TC918 1 page targe
« on: June 18, 2007, 01:04:18 am »

Hi

I'm trying to get X-Rite's ColorPort to read the standard TC918 target with an Eye One Pro/iO combination, so that I can quickly export to both ProfileMaker and MonacoProfiler (until some integrated option appears).  Ideally I'd like to be able to get it read all the iO targets, but TC918 and ECI2002 are the most important for me.

Problem is, I want to use an existing ProfileMaker target in ColorPort and I can't seem to get it in there - I can import the colour list but I can't get it to lay it all out on to one page in the same format as GM is expecting it, no matter how much I try and twiddle the page sizes and margins.

So, I need a way to convert a CGATS reference file (or RGB TIFF of colour patches) into a ColorPort compatible format....I've tried everything I can think of, but I can't get it to work.  I thought BabelColor's patch tool might get me there but I don't think it exports to XML - only CGATS or plain text.

Any ideas?  I only really have to do this once, but a more general (easy) process would be nice for bigger targets as well.

Thanks for any help!
Cheers
JD

SeanPuckett

• http://photi.ca/
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 07:26:52 am »

My solution was to write a simple Perl script that rewrites the XML format with whatever target data I want.  If you're just going for one-time use, have a look at the XML format with a text editor.  You'll find it to be reasonably straightforward.  You don't even have to read/write it as XML, just as straight text.  ColourPort is lenient about its input.

bossanova808

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 09:18:30 am »

My solution was to write a simple Perl script that rewrites the XML format with whatever target data I want.  If you're just going for one-time use, have a look at the XML format with a text editor.  You'll find it to be reasonably straightforward.  You don't even have to read/write it as XML, just as straight text.  ColourPort is lenient about its input.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123485\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I was kind of hoping for a point and click solution but I suppose this would work - basically, take the CGATS ref file and re-write as an .xml?  Could I borrow your perl script??
Pages: [1]   Go Up