Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stock Sites & Securing Images  (Read 1975 times)

stevandconnie

Stock Sites & Securing Images
« on: June 17, 2007, 09:24:38 pm »

Hi All,

I'm just new to the forum, so please excuse (and correct) any posting faux pas (in the short term).

We've done a lot of travelling through Canada, Africa, Eurpoe, and Central America; and have a two year old, so our images are personally valuable.  

I don't know if any of our travel photos (landscapes etc) would have a professional value, but is there a concensus on "preferred" stock image companies you would recommend I submit them to?

I guess many of you have your images loaded to your own websites, and this  prevents loss of the images to hard drive crashes, CD/DVD failures, physical theft etc.

As I don't have my own site per se, I've started loading our images onto a sub-site www.steveandconnie.myphotomax.com, which has been really handy from a personal photography point of view (particularly when your partner is slightly paranoid over losing all the baby photos etc).

I guess it would aslo be good for professionals to have this as a back-up as well, particularly as you're protecting your income.  It's also free for the first 5GB, so I can secure about 4,500 images at no cost.

The other thing I'm going to do is send in all of my Mums slide & print images to be scanned to the site, so that firstly we effectively halt the image degradation due to media aging, and secondly we can share them with the whole family.

We recently had a great auntie pass away and all the family photos she'd gathered were left to the National Archives.  Nice in a way, but a lot of history lost in terms of being readily accessible for the family.

Anyway, hope this helps anyone looking for a fail-safe storage method.

Take care,

Steve, Con, Holly & #2
www.steveandconnie.pictureyourbusiness.com
Sign up for a photomax account – it’s FREE! 5GB for your photos plus 20 FREE prints. www.steveandconnie.myphotomax.com[/b]

mtomalty

• http://www.marktomalty.com
Stock Sites & Securing Images
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 11:48:24 pm »

SPAM!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up