Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar Emotion adapters - Foil stack ?  (Read 4447 times)

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Sinar Emotion adapters - Foil stack ?
« on: June 17, 2007, 02:48:54 pm »

Hi Thierry -

What is it like to move an Emotion 75 from say a Hy6 to a Hasselblad SWC ? Is it just a matter of unscrewing some hex screws, or is it more complex ? Can it be done in the field ? Is a foil stack part of the game ? If so, how does one figure out the roght amount of foil to use ?

Edmund
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 02:49:28 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 05:55:57 pm »

Dear Edmund,

To fix an eMotion (75 or 54) from a Hy6 to a Hasselblad, all you have to do is to unscrew 3 screws, take the adapter away and replace it by the Hasselblad adapter (or any other): as said a few times already in previews treads, and unlike some are thinking, this is a very easy and fast process which takes me less than 2 minutes. Nothing complex here and not risky if you have the "head" on what you are doing: just be reasonabely concentrated and it will be no problem! And yes, it can be done in the field, unlike some have claimed.

The new eMotions do not use foils stacks anymore but so-called "Spacer Plates" of different thickness depending on the body brand used (1 body = 1 spacer plate). Except for the Rollei 6008, which still needs a foil stack.

And by the way: Sinar will produce "revolvable" adapter plates for the Sinar Hy6. Feasibility has been checked, it is feasible and we will do it. But don't ask me for release dates.

Best regards,
Thierry

Hi Thierry -

What is it like to move an Emotion 75 from say a Hy6 to a Hasselblad SWC ? Is it just a matter of unscrewing some hex screws, or is it more complex ? Can it be done in the field ? Is a foil stack part of the game ? If so, how does one figure out the roght amount of foil to use ?

Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123324\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 02:12:39 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 06:57:02 pm »

this is a very easy and fast process which takes me less than 2 minutes.

It made me very nervous the first few times (fear of having an accident with the sensor) but it can be done in the field in a few minutes.

And by the way: Sinar will produce "revolvable" adapter plates for the Sinar Hy6. Feasibility has been checked, it is feasible and we will do it. But don't ask me for release dates.

Great news!

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 02:14:58 am »

Another question that is on my mind.

When using either spacer plates or foil stacks. Do you permanently attach them to the adapter (as soon as you have found the right thickness) or do you have a loose plate (foil stack) that goes on the back first and than put the adapter plate over it to fasten everything?

The revolving plate is great. Will it come as standard on the body or as a separate item ?

paul_jones

• http://www.paulrossjones.com
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 02:35:23 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123367\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

this is a major selling point for the hy6. great news.

also the idea of being able to choose between camera systems in the feild by just changing adaptor plates is also excellent.

i really like the sound of the hy6, but its a pity that there isnt a "p30, a65" price level of back thats avaliable at the moment. theres the 22, but after my p25, i need the extra pixels, and i dont quite have the funds to stretch to the e75. its also very expensive to change from the h1 system.

paul
check my new website
[url=http://www.pau

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 02:49:44 am »

Thierry,

Thank you for the prompt and clear reply.

Edmund

Dear Edmund,

To fix an eMotion (75 or 54) from a Hy6 to a Hasselblad, all you have to do is to unscrew 3 screws, take the adapter away and replace it by the Hasselblad adapter

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123367\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 05:40:43 am »

Do you permanently attach them to the adapter (as soon as you have found the right thickness) or do you have a loose plate (foil stack) that goes on the back first and than put the adapter plate over it to fasten everything?

The foil stack is not attached, it sits between the digital back and the adapter and holds the adapter plate in place when the 3 screws are tightened.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 09:41:34 am by foto-z »

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 06:23:22 am »

The foil stack is not attached, it sits between the camera body and the adapter and holds the adapter plate in place when the 3 screws are tightened.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123470\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i fixed my foils at the contax adapter, so it is part of it. if i change the back or if i mount it to the gottschalt i just unscrew the three screws and thats all.
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

thsinar

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 08:23:34 am »

The spacer plate or foil stack are not attached, but lies between the back and the adapter, in a precisely carved out space (no way to put it wrongly). Nothing hinders to kind of fix it yourself, like rehnniar is doing it.

Revolving plate: no decision or info is available yet if it comes standard.

Best regards,
Thierry

When using either spacer plates or foil stacks. Do you permanently attach them to the adapter (as soon as you have found the right thickness) or do you have a loose plate (foil stack) that goes on the back first and than put the adapter plate over it to fasten everything?

The revolving plate is great. Will it come as standard on the body or as a separate item ?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123437\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 08:25:50 am »

be aware: the spacer plate sits between the BACK and the ADAPTER PLATE, not between body and adapter.

Best regards,
Thierry

The foil stack is not attached, it sits between the camera body and the adapter and holds the adapter plate in place when the 3 screws are tightened.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123470\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 09:38:23 am »

be aware: the spacer plate sits between the BACK and the ADAPTER PLATE, not between body and adapter.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123497\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry about the typo. I'll correct it.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 09:40:43 am by foto-z »
Pages: [1]   Go Up