Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What printed guides did you get with your Z 3100?  (Read 5208 times)

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
What printed guides did you get with your Z 3100?
« on: June 17, 2007, 01:15:35 pm »

Before, with the prototypes,  I received the Quick Reference, but also a HP Desingjet Z3100 Photo Printer Series Using your printer guide too.
The shipping version I just received has only the small Quick Ref, not the 173 page user guide.
I also wonder if you received the sample media packs, the media Swatchbook, sample roll (36" ID Gloss ) for the 44" .

What did you receive?

Fred Ragland

• http://
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 02:53:46 pm »

Before, with the prototypes,  I received the Quick Reference, but also a HP Desingjet Z3100 Photo Printer Series Using your printer guide too.
The shipping version I just received has only the small Quick Ref, not the 173 page user guide.
I also wonder if you received the sample media packs, the media Swatchbook, sample roll (36" ID Gloss ) for the 44" .

What did you receive?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123311\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Before getting to your question, let me thank you first for being such a great resource for HP Z3100 owners.  My Z3100 44" has exceeded my every expection.  All the good things you read about it are very true.  Thanks for being so helpful and forward looking.

Like yours, my 44" came with the setup CD, the small Quick Ref and a 15' 36" roll.  I downloaded and printed the 175 page "Using Your Printer" from the CD.

Thank you again for being so helpful.

Fred Ragland

rdonson

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 03:36:25 pm »

Before, with the prototypes,  I received the Quick Reference, but also a HP Desingjet Z3100 Photo Printer Series Using your printer guide too.

What did you receive?

I got the assembly and quick ref printed.  Everything else was on the DVD.

My 24" base Z3100 came with no sample media packs, no Swatchbook but I did get a 15' x 24" roll of ID Gloss.
Regards,
Ron

SeanPuckett

• http://photi.ca/
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 06:05:00 pm »

I got setup guides in english and french, a roll of 36" media, and a dvd.  No big book.

dct123

• http://www.dctomick.com
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 06:25:32 pm »

Z3100ps GP -- No Manual...No sample swatches. Short sample roll of instant dry gloss included.

I really like the Torkx driver they included though  

DC

Jon Abbott

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 09:59:08 pm »

What did you receive?

I ordered directly from HP and the printer was shipped out of Atlanta. I got the z3100ps GP 44" printer, Graphics spindle with 3" core adapters, ink set and heads, a small wire bound 6" x 8.5" reference guide - both an English and French version, a same sized Legal Information booklet in English, French and Spanish. Also an 8.5" x 12" Printer Assembly Instructions quick setup and unpacking guide stapled together at one corner, one in English and one in French. An envelope 9.5" x 12.5" with 7 assorted brochures on rebates, color expert services, printing supplies, Designjet printer family, supplies list, etc. A 'HP Start-Up Kit' DVD with drivers, training, and docs. An HP Advanced Profiling Solution Box containing a serialized software CD and an Eye-one display that acts as a dongle, and cursory paper instructions. A short 15 foot sample roll of 36" wide ID Gloss paper.

I did not receive a sample media pack or media Swatchbook that you mention, but I sure wish I had them. How can I show clients paper samples of HP media? I would buy them if available.

Neil, thanks for all the info, experiences, time and energy you have put into posting on this forum.

rdonson

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 10:23:20 pm »

One thing I did before ordering was to get the HP 13x19 print samples.  My choices were:

- Pro Satin
- Instant Dry Satin
- Hahnemuhle Smooth Fine Art

You can probably still order them from the HP Z3100 page.

The cool thing about the HSFA sample print is that it's Neil's image.  A beautiful b&w portrait.
Regards,
Ron

Jon Abbott

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 12:35:40 pm »

One thing I did before ordering was to get the HP 13x19 print samples.  My choices were:

- Pro Satin
- Instant Dry Satin
- Hahnemuhle Smooth Fine Art

You can probably still order them from the HP Z3100 page.

The cool thing about the HSFA sample print is that it's Neil's image.  A beautiful b&w portrait.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123866\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I did get three samples, including the HSFA with an image of a reclining woman in all brown tones. Everybody I show it to loves that image and the quality of the print. It has amazing presence and smooth tones; it is almost 3D. You state "A beautiful b&w portrait." There is no photocredit on the image I got from HP, which is suprising. Is this Neil's photo? Whoever did it, it is gorgeous.

It is strange that there is photocredit on only one of my three prints. I assume this was not an oversight, and HP paid extra for commercial, non-editorial usage without photocredit. Weird, in this context you would think HP would WANT the world to know what pro was promoting their printer.

rdonson

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 03:07:03 pm »

I did get three samples, including the HSFA with an image of a reclining woman in all brown tones. Everybody I show it to loves that image and the quality of the print. It has amazing presence and smooth tones; it is almost 3D. You state "A beautiful b&w portrait." There is no photocredit on the image I got from HP, which is suprising. Is this Neil's photo? Whoever did it, it is gorgeous.

It is strange that there is photocredit on only one of my three prints. I assume this was not an oversight, and HP paid extra for commercial, non-editorial usage without photocredit. Weird, in this context you would think HP would WANT the world to know what pro was promoting their printer.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123953\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Interesting.  All three of the prints I got have photographer credits at the bottom of the image.  The one attributed to Neil is

HP Pro Satin was

HP Premium Instant-Dry was

I guess this selection showed my interest in b&w printing on the Z
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 03:11:39 pm by rdonson »
Regards,
Ron

Avalan

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 06:15:06 pm »

For the 3100-24" base model I received the set-up CD and the small Quick reference guide and a booklet about warranties with the title of "Legal information"+ a small roll of glossy paper for set up.

I also received " HP Large format printing material swatchbook" . This media sample book is not part of the Z package.  But the  reseller got it for me with no extra charge when I requested it at the time of the order. If you request , There is a good chance that your reseller can provide it for you.

Regards - Avalan

Jon Abbott

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 08:52:01 pm »

The image on HSFA that I got is not the same image as yours; it is a horizonal format reclining woman, in color, primarily brown tones; no photocredits. The Pro Satin Photo Paper image is the same, photocredit Paco Arara. I also got a color image of a tightly cropped female portrait on Premium ID Gloss, no photocredit. Neil's photo is wonderful, I'm sure it is amazing on the HSFA paper. Even the monitor jpg shows smooth tones and nice separation, even in the very dark areas.

rdonson

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 09:08:24 pm »

The image on HSFA that I got is not the same image as yours; it is a horizonal format reclining woman, in color, primarily brown tones; no photocredits. The Pro Satin Photo Paper image is the same, photocredit Paco Arara. I also got a color image of a tightly cropped female portrait on Premium ID Gloss, no photocredit. Neil's photo is wonderful, I'm sure it is amazing on the HSFA paper. Even the monitor jpg shows smooth tones and nice separation, even in the very dark areas.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124044\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yep, here's the color image for the HP HSFA sample

and the color image for HP Premium ID Gloss
Regards,
Ron

Jon Abbott

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 09:37:10 pm »

For the 3100-24" base model I received the set-up CD and the small Quick reference guide and a booklet about warranties with the title of "Legal information"+ a small roll of glossy paper for set up.

I also received " HP Large format printing material swatchbook" . This media sample book is not part of the Z package.  But the  reseller got it for me with no extra charge when I requested it at the time of the order. If you request , There is a good chance that your reseller can provide it for you.

Regards - Avalan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124025\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I guess that's an advantage of buying from a retailer. I bought my printer directly from HP, since I figured I would be one of the first to get the ps version, since they were not yet released and backordered. Also, HP gave me a good price, free shipping, and have been very nice. They have messed up some in handling the order, but it's nothing that couldn't happen buying from anyplace. IE, they doubled my order and started sending me a second printer and accessories. Ha, ha! But they caught their mistake in time, and UPS only deliveried a doubled set of some accessories. I did get a notice on June 14, two weeks after delivery of my printer, that it was backordered and I might not be shipped until after mid July. And then the billing is a total mess of sales tax credit refunds, charges, invoice/order renumbering, split invoices, and rebates that is driving my bookkeeper nuts. But nothing I haven't experienced with other resellers, and so far I would buy directly from HP again. And maybe I should get around to asking them for a sample pack; if they can find a sku # I think they will supply one; it's in their interest to sell HP media. I begged Epson for years; finally a rep gave me a sample book at a trade show.

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 01:33:43 am »

I didn't see Paco's image before. Nice.
As for the sample pack ,yes by all means , all of you who didn't get one, just ask HP to send you this pack. That is what is was intended for, and something I pushed for long before the shipping.
Both the sample pack and the swatch book are exactly what HP needs to prove their prowess in media. Times have changed and HP is changing in this way , with new very high quality media.
I'll go out on a limb and say what HP specified with Hahnemuhle are resulting in some of the finest papers seen from that mill. What HP specified for some other mills in the way of proofing same things are found. If you don't have a sample pack, and swatch book how are you going to see this?
Come on HP marketing chiefs, if you read this get these people their swatch books and sample packs. The spiral bound manuals would have been something of value added too.

What do you users feel on the issues of electronic or a printed manual. Is it necessary, embraced, or environmentally unacceptable?
Pages: [1]   Go Up