Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 Custom presets  (Read 3795 times)

barry685

• http://www.barrystudios.com
Z3100 Custom presets
« on: June 17, 2007, 12:15:53 pm »

Has anyone downloaded any custom media presets & actually successfully profiled a new paper type (in Windows)?

I have Ilford Gallery Smooth & HP recomendes a specific media preset. I have downloaded it (about a week ago) & it installs properly  without any problems. When I try to create a profile I get an error message. I spoke with tech support & they were suppose to call me back with a solution the next day & never did.

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
Z3100 Custom presets
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 03:43:59 pm »

I just dl'd the Innova semi matte F surface and installed it from the Windows box.
I've currently got a roll in print but will finish printing later tomorrow . As soon as it is done, I'll try profiling.
If you add a custom media it used to work. I haven't yet tried with the HP site oms files other than the HP media oms files. They worked as well at the time.
In the users guide a list of some errors are in the back of the guide.
Can you say which error exactly you get?

barry685

Z3100 Custom presets
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 05:13:28 pm »

I just dl'd the Innova semi matte F surface and installed it from the Windows box.
I've currently got a roll in print but will finish printing later tomorrow . As soon as it is done, I'll try profiling.
If you add a custom media it used to work. I haven't yet tried with the HP site oms files other than the HP media oms files. They worked as well at the time.
In the users guide a list of some errors are in the back of the guide.
Can you say which error exactly you get?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123331\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

While I am in step 2 of 7 After entering name for New Paper type (" Ilford Gallerie Smoothe Pearl) & selecting The installed custom Preset type (Photo Semi gloss satin less ink)

I get the message after pressing the next button:

Your custom paper could not be added Please try again. Call HP Support.

Geoff Wittig

Z3100 Custom presets
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 07:31:16 pm »

I downloaded HP's new paper preset for fine art pearl (more ink), and used it to produce a profile for Crane's silver rag paper with the built-in spectro. Worked like a charm, and results are excellent. I'm under Win XP, firmware v. 5.0.0.4.

barry685

Z3100 Custom presets
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 07:56:54 pm »

I downloaded HP's new paper preset for fine art pearl (more ink), and used it to produce a profile for Crane's silver rag paper with the built-in spectro. Worked like a charm, and results are excellent. I'm under Win XP, firmware v. 5.0.0.4.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123387\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Are you adding a new custom paper & naming it Cranes Silver rag?

Geoff Wittig

Z3100 Custom presets
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 07:57:24 am »

Are you adding a new custom paper & naming it Cranes Silver rag?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123394\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, that's what I meant to do. Actually I messed up and let it install the profile with the default profile name (that is, HP Z3100 fine art pearl (more ink). Oops). Now I have to remember this is my Crane silver rag profile, till I get around to renaming it.

Right now I'm too busy recovering from a catastrophic system crash apparently provoked by Adobe Photoshop's automatic updater, which rendered my computer unbootable until I recovered from the original DVD. Sigh. At least everything was backed up; lesson learned from an excruciating experience a few years ago.

barry685

Z3100 Custom presets
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 11:22:44 am »

Well, that's what I meant to do. Actually I messed up and let it install the profile with the default profile name (that is, HP Z3100 fine art pearl (more ink). Oops). Now I have to remember this is my Crane silver rag profile, till I get around to renaming it.

Right now I'm too busy recovering from a catastrophic system crash apparently provoked by Adobe Photoshop's automatic updater, which rendered my computer unbootable until I recovered from the original DVD. Sigh. At least everything was backed up; lesson learned from an excruciating experience a few years ago.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123492\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That is a possibility why it worked for you. I am going to try & make the same mistake & see if it will wotk.

Jon Abbott

Z3100 Custom presets
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 03:42:25 pm »

Has anyone downloaded any custom media presets & actually successfully profiled a new paper type (in Windows)?

I have Ilford Gallery Smooth & HP recomendes a specific media preset. I have downloaded it (about a week ago) & it installs properly  without any problems. When I try to create a profile I get an error message. I spoke with tech support & they were suppose to call me back with a solution the next day & never did.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123302\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You are having one more step luck than I. My z3100ps (XP firmware version 4.0.0.6 is the latest for the ps) shows way more papers than the Color Center Manage Papers list, even after updating and sychronizing, so I can only create a custom paper based on a short list of choices. The oms custom paper files don't show up after an apparently successful install (sic). So I guess the best current work around for me is barry685's 'mistake, forgot to rename the default profile name' after calibration and profiling. Great idea, thanks barry. Use the HP media named paper, but insert my 3rd party media, calibrate and profile, and remember, for example, that HP Premium ID Photo Satin is really Epson Premium Semimatte 250. That hack will really confuse the assistants; also I can't then use the real HP media.

Are any other z3100ps users having the same issues? For example, can you make a custom paper based on any of the HP Premium Instant-Dry Photo papers?

I've found other bugs in the software, especially with Color Center. Anyone have experience with the best way to let HP know about these issues?
Pages: [1]   Go Up