Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 3" roll insert problem - solved?  (Read 3553 times)

dajaka

Z3100 3" roll insert problem - solved?
« on: June 16, 2007, 03:26:34 pm »

I don't know if I'm alone in this but removing the blue endcaps from 3" paper rolls on my Z3100 with the 3" inserts in place is very difficult.

This morning I carefully removed one of the metal springs (there are 2 on each insert) from the inserts and now I can easily remove the endcaps from the roll with one hand.

rdonson

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 05:07:13 pm »

I don't know if I'm alone in this but removing the blue endcaps from 3" paper rolls on my Z3100 with the 3" inserts in place is very difficult.

This morning I carefully removed one of the metal springs (there are 2 on each insert) from the inserts and now I can easily remove the endcaps from the roll with one hand.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123157\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Great tip.  Thanks.  My 3" inserts are currently being held hostage by a roll of Epson Enhanced Matte and I look forward to retrieving them.
Regards,
Ron

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 01:02:40 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123157\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nice tip. Could I put it on my review?

I hate the mounts on the HP printers. Not user friendly, ill conceived. There must be something or some better way.

Thanks again for the tip.

dajaka

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 09:36:48 am »

Neil,

Feel free to pass this on. Its a little tricky getting the spring off but if you look at it I'm sure anyone could figure it out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up