Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson service centre & printing service in Paris?  (Read 7512 times)

wesley

• http://www.memphiswest.com
Epson service centre & printing service in Paris?
« on: June 15, 2007, 07:07:09 am »

Hello all,

I am in a spot, my Epson 2100 printer has broken down. The light magenta print head has *suddenly* stopped working after a ink cartridge change. I tried the Windex method but I suspect that it's not a nozzle issue, much more serious I think. I am based in Paris and I speak very little french and I had such a hard time trying to find a Epson service centre on the Epson website. Couple of things I would very much appreciate:

1. Has a ink head completely failed on your printer? If so, anybody knows how much it's going to cost to repair? coz if it's bad, I might just have to get a 2400 replacement (the 3800 is soooo pretty but i can't afford it)

2. Is there a printing service in Paris that uses *calibrated* printers for >A3+ printing or banner printing?

Thanks in advance!

Best
Wes

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 04:55:37 pm »

Hello all,

I am in a spot, my Epson 2100 printer has broken down. The light magenta print head has *suddenly* stopped working after a ink cartridge change. I tried the Windex method but I suspect that it's not a nozzle issue, much more serious I think. I am based in Paris and I speak very little french and I had such a hard time trying to find a Epson service centre on the Epson website. Couple of things I would very much appreciate:

1. Has a ink head completely failed on your printer? If so, anybody knows how much it's going to cost to repair? coz if it's bad, I might just have to get a 2400 replacement (the 3800 is soooo pretty but i can't afford it)

2. Is there a printing service in Paris that uses *calibrated* printers for >A3+ printing or banner printing?

Thanks in advance!

Best
Wes
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=122949\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Try selfcolor rue de Vinaigriers 75010, or Prophot.
Servicing an Epson is usually not worth it.

wesley

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 05:23:45 pm »

Try selfcolor rue de Vinaigriers 75010, or Prophot.
Servicing an Epson is usually not worth it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123029\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks so much for the info. I guess I'll have to get a new printer in the long run.

Best regards
Wesley

PS: took a look at those places you mentioned. they are expensive but i guess i don't have a choice, paris *is* an expensive place, photography included.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 11:56:15 am by wesley »

Ralph Eisenberg

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 05:09:17 pm »

Thanks so much for the info. I guess I'll have to get a new printer in the long run.

Best regards
Wesley

PS: took a look at those places you mentioned. they are expensive but i guess i don't have a choice, paris *is* an expensive place, photography included.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123031\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You might try contacting Epson client service (listed on the Epson France web site) and explaining the problem to them. Recently I encountered a minor maintenance problem (but major in cost) with a just out of warranty R2400. To make a long story short, I was given free ink to compensate for the maintenance costs on the 2400 and a rather remarkable deal for the 3800 which they sent to me in Paris. Otherwise, there is an excellent authorized service center near the Bastille (the address is indicated on the Epson France site), but as I discovered and Neil pointed out, the costs are prohibitive.
Ralph

wesley

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 08:17:56 pm »

You might try contacting Epson client service (listed on the Epson France web site) and explaining the problem to them. Recently I encountered a minor maintenance problem (but major in cost) with a just out of warranty R2400. To make a long story short, I was given free ink to compensate for the maintenance costs on the 2400 and a rather remarkable deal for the 3800 which they sent to me in Paris. Otherwise, there is an excellent authorized service center near the Bastille (the address is indicated on the Epson France site), but as I discovered and Neil pointed out, the costs are prohibitive.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123171\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Ralph, you are a godsend. I will try to contact them (my french is not good) via the site address and give them a call. I have scanned through a few of the pages but I can't make head or tail. Would you be so kind of reference the right page to me?

Thanks again,
Wesley

Update: Finally found the place!

BEGELEC  
182 rue de Charenton
75012   PARIS
Tel : 01 44 68 83 01
Fax : 01 44 68 83 02
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 06:28:41 am by wesley »

Ralph Eisenberg

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 10:48:37 am »

Thanks Ralph, you are a godsend. I will try to contact them (my french is not good) via the site address and give them a call. I have scanned through a few of the pages but I can't make head or tail. Would you be so kind of reference the right page to me?

Thanks again,
Wesley

Update: Finally found the place!

BEGELEC 
182 rue de Charenton
75012   PARIS
Tel : 01 44 68 83 01
Fax : 01 44 68 83 02
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123206\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hello Wesley,

That is the place. They are very good, very quick, very professional and very reliable. But at a cost which may exceed the present value of your printer. Even an estimate for repairs is expensive, so it may do well to heed the advise given by Neil above and seriously consider a rapid upgrade. Good luck.
Ralph

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 02:22:39 pm »

Hello all,

I am in a spot, my Epson 2100 printer has broken down.

Junk it. If you really want a 2100 just get another off eBay or a used equipment broker. But make sure this one works by arranging to inspect it.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

wesley

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 11:18:26 am »

Hello Wesley,

That is the place. They are very good, very quick, very professional and very reliable. But at a cost which may exceed the present value of your printer. Even an estimate for repairs is expensive, so it may do well to heed the advise given by Neil above and seriously consider a rapid upgrade. Good luck.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123280\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi! Just an update... I wanted to make sure that printer was truly wonky and beyond reasonable cost of repair. So I called Epson and they directed me BEGELEC. I called the company and had a nice conversation with Mr Benoit and was told to pop down to the place. Good news, it turned out that he could print with his cartridge. I bought new cartridges thinking it was an issue with my cartridges (original epson stuff btw).

When I reached home, I had to replace the light gray cartridge as it was out. And after that I did a nozzle check, now I can't print with BOTH the new light magenta and light black ink. As a test, I changed the photo black ink to a new cartridge and now the 3 heads will not print. I think this is a firmware/electronic issue with new cartridges, somehow the printer is refusing to recognize new cartridges. I will go back tomorrow morning and have the final diagnosis.

Wes
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 12:30:36 pm by wesley »

wesley

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 10:17:13 am »

Hi! Just an update... I wanted to make sure that printer was truly wonky and beyond reasonable cost of repair. So I called Epson and they directed me BEGELEC. I called the company and had a nice conversation with Mr Benoit and was told to pop down to the place. Good news, it turned out that he could print with his cartridge. I bought new cartridges thinking it was an issue with my cartridges (original epson stuff btw).

When I reached home, I had to replace the light gray cartridge as it was out. And after that I did a nozzle check, now I can't print with BOTH the new light magenta and light black ink. As a test, I changed the photo black ink to a new cartridge and now the 3 heads will not print. I think this is a firmware/electronic issue with new cartridges, somehow the printer is refusing to recognize new cartridges. I will go back tomorrow morning and have the final diagnosis.

Wes
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123536\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi all,

I am likely to junk the printer, as advised. I am currently looking at buying the printer from France. I was really tempted to get one from BHPhoto since the price difference is more than 500euros but I don't think it's possible. Could any kind soul point me to a reliable website or real store in Paris? I gather the price is about 1345 to 1450euros. I am new in this city and I haven't purchased any high value items here. (Of course I would like the lowest price possible. :-)

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards
Wesley
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 10:17:48 am by wesley »

francois

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 10:40:08 am »

...I gather the price is about 1345 to 1450euros. I am new in this city and I haven't purchased any high value items here. (Of course I would like the lowest price possible. :-)...
Are you talking about an Epson 2400 (the replacement of you 2100)? Googling for a couple of seconds brought me this link. Prices are all between €700 and €860. I don't think that buying at B&H is worth the trouble. I guess that import taxes to France are expensive and shipping as well. And you'll have to deal with 110V to 220V...
Francois

wesley

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 10:46:18 am »

Are you talking about an Epson 2400 (the replacement of you 2100)? Googling for a couple of seconds brought me this link. Prices are all between €700 and €860. I don't think that buying at B&H is worth the trouble. I guess that import taxes to France are expensive and shipping as well. And you'll have to deal with 110V to 220V...
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

ah. my apologies, i forgot to mention that I am looking at the 3800. I think it will be a better buy for the long run because of ink costs. I shall take a look at the site nonetheless. Many thanks!

Update: The store LDLC sells it for a very low price. Unfortunately, I have read many some bad reviews over here at:

[a href=\"http://www.rue-hardware.com/boutiques/commentaires/lire/101/LDLC/]http://www.rue-hardware.com/boutiques/comm.../lire/101/LDLC/[/url]

Best
Wes
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 10:52:08 am by wesley »

francois

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 11:08:37 am »

ah. my apologies, i forgot to mention that I am looking at the 3800. I think it will be a better buy for the long run because of ink costs. I shall take a look at the site nonetheless. Many thanks!

Update: The store LDLC sells it for a very low price. Unfortunately, I have read many some bad reviews over here at:

http://www.rue-hardware.com/boutiques/comm.../lire/101/LDLC/

Best
Wes
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124363\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
That makes sense! Prices in Switzerland are in line with those you mentioned in France (around €1200 but VAT is 7.6% in Switzerland) so it must be typical European pricing  
I still don't think that buying at B&H in worth the hassle.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 11:10:32 am by francois »
Francois

Ralph Eisenberg

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2007, 01:16:19 pm »

You might try Objectif Bastille, and see what they can do. I would however first contact the Service Client, Epson France and explain the situation to them, indicate your interest in the 3800 as testifying to your customer loyalty, and ask them the price they might offer it to you. Sometimes there can be very pleasing and even astonishing surprises from this direction.
Ralph

wesley

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2007, 03:47:34 pm »

You might try Objectif Bastille, and see what they can do. I would however first contact the Service Client, Epson France and explain the situation to them, indicate your interest in the 3800 as testifying to your customer loyalty, and ask them the price they might offer it to you. Sometimes there can be very pleasing and even astonishing surprises from this direction.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124550\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hello Ralph,

Thanks for the heads up! I'll call on Monday. Hopefully the chap on the other line will understand English like the last one. :-)

Wes
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 06:37:06 pm by wesley »
Pages: [1]   Go Up