Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nobody has anything to say about LC11?  (Read 5922 times)

savagegibson

Nobody has anything to say about LC11?
« on: June 14, 2007, 04:45:07 pm »

It is absolutely amazing to me that Leaf has gotten their act together and produced a really solid piece of software for their backs, and when it get released what does everyone have to say? Nothing!

I've shot 3 2-day jobs with LC 11 and haven't had a single freeze, crash, disconnect, or gremlin. I think it is a great product and I think the software engineers at Leaf deserve some credit for getting it right finally.

God knows Leaf has had their fair share of grief over the last couple of years, and I don't know how Yair manages to come into this forum everyday and keep his cool. Speaking for myself, for all the times I've said and read, "this sucks," it feels nice to say, "THIS ROCKS."

Congratulations to Leaf and their software team. Thanks for all your hard work and for making my job a little easier.

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 04:53:31 pm »

You are late

Some of us have given their opinion on LC11 shortly after it became available. Not sure where the thread is but most were very positive and did give Leaf credits for it.

Still some wishes though. We still need the exposure slider, more speed, 'hot folders' and a couple of more things.

I am very happy with LC11, it is a good start.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 04:54:32 pm by Dustbak »

snickgrr

• http://
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 05:22:49 pm »

Yep, it works just fine for me.  Since it came out I've had 8 days of studio jobs and 3 location and I can't remember it crashing at all.
The G5's logic board melted but that's a different story, an expensive one but different.
There are quite a few slaps on Leaf's back on the Leaf forum.

Eric Zepeda

• http://www.ericzepeda.com
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 07:17:55 pm »

I've used it on a bunch of jobs the last few weeks and find it's working quite well. I still want a batch rename and the ability to change the file numbering, but overall I'm very pleased.
Eric Zepeda
 www.ericzepeda.com

snickgrr

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 07:20:50 pm »

Eric, off topic but did you go to Brooks in Santa Barbara?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 07:26:21 pm by snickgrr »

Eric Zepeda

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 07:42:32 pm »

Eric, off topic but did you go to Brooks in Santa Barbara?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=122881\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No, but love the town...beautiful place.
Eric Zepeda
 www.ericzepeda.com

rueyloon

• http://www.36frames.com
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 08:43:59 pm »

it is not working well for me, when I use the WB slider, it will keep on jumping around by itself. Anyone else experiencing this ?

Garfield

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 01:54:31 am »

Mine freezed yesterday going from Live video back to the shooting mode. Had to restart the computer. And I can't choose a shooting folder from the menu. I have to go to the topbar to choose "set as shootfolder". So for me still some problems, and it's a shame because LC11 works (if it works) so much nicer compared to v.8.
I came from Eyelike Capture Pro, worked with it for several years. Never had any problems...nothing.

NBP

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 10:15:54 am »

I've been using it for pretty much two weeks solid without any problems except the glitch I explain below. Very happy with it.

it is not working well for me, when I use the WB slider, it will keep on jumping around by itself. Anyone else experiencing this ?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=122888\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not experienced this, but the one glitch I have noticed is when I'm in Process > Destination and I want to re name a specific file for processing: I start typing a new name and if I hit the space bar it acts as a return key and doesn't let me type another word unless I mouse click the cursor again - slightly annoying I must say.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 10:16:39 am by NBP »

Eric Zepeda

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 10:53:07 am »

Mine freezed yesterday going from Live video back to the shooting mode. Had to restart the computer. And I can't choose a shooting folder from the menu. I have to go to the topbar to choose "set as shootfolder". So for me still some problems, and it's a shame because LC11 works (if it works) so much nicer compared to v.8.
I came from Eyelike Capture Pro, worked with it for several years. Never had any problems...nothing.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=122925\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Haven't had a chance to test the live video yet, but when in the "Browse" tab  I can set the shoot and process folders by control clicking on the folder and selecting from the pop up options. Been working fine so far.

I do agree that the color temp slider is a bit wonky. Kind of have to fight a little to get it to behave.
Eric Zepeda
 www.ericzepeda.com

yaya

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 10:54:51 am »

It is absolutely amazing to me that Leaf has gotten their act together and produced a really solid piece of software for their backs, and when it get released what does everyone have to say? Nothing!

I've shot 3 2-day jobs with LC 11 and haven't had a single freeze, crash, disconnect, or gremlin. I think it is a great product and I think the software engineers at Leaf deserve some credit for getting it right finally.

God knows Leaf has had their fair share of grief over the last couple of years, and I don't know how Yair manages to come into this forum everyday and keep his cool. Speaking for myself, for all the times I've said and read, "this sucks," it feels nice to say, "THIS ROCKS."

Congratulations to Leaf and their software team. Thanks for all your hard work and for making my job a little easier.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well thank you!!!!

It is nice to know that the hard work over the last 18 months (since the release of 10.0) is finally starting to pay off. For sure there are still improvements required but we now feel that we have a solid base to work from.

Since this is not yet an officially released version, but a Release Candidate, we encourage anyone who is still facing issues, to fill in the [a href=\"http://www.leaf-photography.com/forms/ReleaseCandidateSupport.aspx]LC11 RC feedback form[/url]. This goes straight into our report system and helps in setting up priorities for fixes etc.

This will ensure that once LC11 is released, it has as many features and fixes as possible.

Again, on behalf of all the Leafies, thank you  

Yair

mtomalty

• http://www.marktomalty.com
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 12:34:49 pm »

Yair

Will longer exposure (longer than 10-15 sec) captures benefit from this RC and,eventually,
full release?

I re-processed some files from last year (Aptus 75 ) and the year before (Aptus22)
and using the new 'clean long exposure' feature saw noticeable improvements in the
suppression of the 'speckly' noise that had left me a bit disappointed.

I noticed that the RC came bundled with a DB firmware update and was wondering if this
would further enhance longer exposures captures

Thanks,
Mark

yaya

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 01:50:18 pm »

Yair
Will longer exposure (longer than 10-15 sec) captures benefit from this RC and,eventually,
full release?

I re-processed some files from last year (Aptus 75 ) and the year before (Aptus22)
and using the new 'clean long exposure' feature saw noticeable improvements in the
suppression of the 'speckly' noise that had left me a bit disappointed.

I noticed that the RC came bundled with a DB firmware update and was wondering if this
would further enhance longer exposures captures

Thanks,
Mark
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123002\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hello Mark,

The new algorithm for clean long exposures is going through some fine tuning so by time of release the image quality will be further improved.

The new firmware ads a few enhancements, specifically for working with mechanical cameras that are a bit "out of sync" (old Blads, old Copals etc.). There's also a grid feature that helps in aligning your frame on the LCD. the grid is customisable in terms of colour and position.

Last, the firmware enables the long-awaited BlueTooth function, so a PocketPC handheld device can now be used with the new Leaf WiView application and serve as a remote viewing/ editing device.

I hope this helps

Yair

E_Edwards

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 04:11:58 pm »

Well, until the Rollei Lens Control S is fully working with this software, I will still have to use LC8.4, unfortunately.

Or am I the only customer using a digital shutter!

Edward

Garfield

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 04:52:49 pm »

Will they support the Schneider Shutter Control ? Because that's the one I'm using......

yaya

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2007, 02:40:01 am »

Will they support the Schneider Shutter Control ? Because that's the one I'm using......
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123028\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is on our "to do" list, there's no date for it yet, though,

Yair

pixjohn

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2007, 03:06:28 am »

Any news adding the gain utility into 11?

yaya

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2007, 03:18:04 am »

Any news adding the gain utility into 11?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123084\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

...on the same list...
Pages: [1]   Go Up