Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing cost with Z3100  (Read 2946 times)

Harry Carpenter

Printing cost with Z3100
« on: June 14, 2007, 08:24:28 am »

Does anybody have an acccurate cost breakdown of printing with the Z3100 and also as a comparison with the costs from Epson and the newer Canon printers.
I have seen usage and costs listed for the other two but they vary wildly. For example I have heard that the Z3100 is economical to run and then saw a statement that says it uses on average 18ml per m/sq compared to 12 ml per m/sq or less on the Epsons.
It seems that whenever you find a piece of relevant information there is another that completely contradicts it.

Also does anyone know of a low cost rip that will see roll paper. Qimage is not a lot better than just using the basic HP driver at letting you lay out prints as you see fit without making you wrestle with it first.
Thanks in advance.

SeanPuckett

• http://photi.ca/
Printing cost with Z3100
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 08:49:48 am »

On the z3100, matte media uses somewhat less ink than gloss, and using gloss enhancer jacks up the usage even more.  Twin packs of the inks (260ml total) run ~110 USD (gloss enhancer ~80).

Average coverage on gloss is somewhere around 1ml per square foot without gloss enhancer, 1.6ml with.  Therefore, ink costs are around 45c a square foot, 75c a square foot with GE.   For square metres, multiply by 10.7.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 08:50:24 am by SeanPuckett »

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
Printing cost with Z3100
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 04:51:11 pm »

Does anybody have an acccurate cost breakdown of printing with the Z3100 and also as a comparison with the costs from Epson and the newer Canon printers.
I have seen usage and costs listed for the other two but they vary wildly. For example I have heard that the Z3100 is economical to run and then saw a statement that says it uses on average 18ml per m/sq compared to 12 ml per m/sq or less on the Epsons.
It seems that whenever you find a piece of relevant information there is another that completely contradicts it.

Also does anyone know of a low cost rip that will see roll paper. Qimage is not a lot better than just using the basic HP driver at letting you lay out prints as you see fit without making you wrestle with it first.
Thanks in advance.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=122773\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I wrote the numbers down on the Z review on my site as well as some posts here.
Qimage is an inexpensive way of doing some quick layout work. Image Print is preferred when it will be ready.
Pages: [1]   Go Up