Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Rollei Hy6: official press-release /Jun 12, 2007/  (Read 37157 times)

BJNY

Rollei Hy6: official press-release /Jun 12, 2007/
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2007, 04:45:50 am »

Thank you Thierry,
Something with antenna + cable is attached to the hotshoe, what is it?
Billy
Guillermo

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2007, 05:00:21 am »

hi Billy!

The Hy6 camera has been tested with the eMotion in un-tethered, as well as tethered modes: what you see is the FW cable to download the files.

Thierry

Thank you Thierry,
Something with antenna + cable is attached to the hotshoe, what is it?
Billy
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125364\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

BJNY

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2007, 05:31:32 am »

It's not a plain firewire cable I see.  It looks to be some PocketWizard-type transmitter, or some theft prevention device that's attached to the side hotshoe.
Guillermo

thsinar

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2007, 07:35:54 am »

Dear Billy,

What you see is not a transmitter, but a "Ferrite Bead". It helps to suppress high frequency noise in electronic circuits.

We are providing such FW cables, beside the normal ones.

See also the Wikipedia explanation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrite_bead

and the other accessory on the hotshoe is a radio transmitter, for the flash powerpacks.

Best regards,
Thierry

It's not a plain firewire cable I see.  It looks to be some PocketWizard-type transmitter, or some theft prevention device that's attached to the side hotshoe.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125369\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 07:41:08 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2007, 11:31:54 am »

Dear Billy,

What you see is not a transmitter, but a "Ferrite Bead". It helps to suppress high frequency noise in electronic circuits.

We are providing such FW cables, beside the normal ones.

See also the Wikipedia explanation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrite_bead

and the other accessory on the hotshoe is a radio transmitter, for the flash powerpacks.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125383\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Is the Hy6 very sensitive to frequency noise? Does it really need the bead? Or is it there just in case.

Another question. What kind of AF does the Hy6 have? Single center AF or multipoint? (My guess would be single center point otherwise it would have been shouted from the rooftops).
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 11:39:50 am by Dustbak »

thsinar

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2007, 11:50:49 am »

Dear Dustback,

this "Ferrite Bead" has nothing to do with the Hy6. It is an additional protection of the data running through the FW cable, "just" in case frequency noise is created. Read the detailled explanation from Wikipedia.

AF in the Sinar Hy6: it is an Autofocus cross sensor (multi-zone), situated in the center. FYI: there is an integrated auxiliary red-light beam on the upper side of the camera, for AF metering in low-light conditions.

Thierry

Is the Hy6 very sensitive to frequency noise? Does it really need the bead? Or is it there just in case.

Another question. What kind of AF does the Hy6 have? Single center AF or multipoint?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125427\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2007, 11:56:17 am »

Dear Dustback,

this "Ferrite Bead" has nothing to do with the Hy6. It is an additional protection of the data running through the FW cable, "just" in case frequency noise is created. Read the detailled explanation from Wikipedia.

AF in the Sinar Hy6: it is an Autofocus cross sensor (multi-zone), situated in the center. FYI: there is an integrated auxiliary red-light beam on the upper side of the camera, for AF metering in low-light conditions.

Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125434\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ah, I see. Ok. Makes sense.

Cross sensor (multi-zone), I guess no selectable multi zone AF so it has multiple zones to determine focus? Redlight for low light is nice.

No selectable zones outside of the center?

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2007, 12:04:31 pm »

Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=0\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

sounds like what my 645afdII has....which is better then one sensor, but still not even close to DSLR.....
why is it so hard to put in sensors everywhere? i mean we are talking about a camera body for about 3000$.....i remember a canon SLR i had years ago with eye controlled AF......don't know whatever happened to that concept, but it worked.....and the whole body was 400$.....
if the Hy6 had a canon/nikon like AF system with mulitple OFF CENTER sensors....even an extra 1000$ would not matter....
i am not an engineer, but is it really THAT hard?

thsinar

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2007, 12:05:15 pm »

Dear Dustback,

Cross sensor (multi-zone), I guess no selectable multi zone AF so it has multiple zones to determine focus? ---> YES, RIGHT

No selectable zones outside of the center? ---> YES, RIGHT

Thierry
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

H1/A75 Guy

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2007, 03:37:51 pm »

Dear Dustback,

Cross sensor (multi-zone), I guess no selectable multi zone AF so it has multiple zones to determine focus? ---> YES, RIGHT

No selectable zones outside of the center? ---> YES, RIGHT

Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125439\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

H1/A75 Guy

« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2007, 03:44:12 pm »

Hi Thierry,
Sorry for the mistake in the previous post. I have a dumb question that may or may not be worth responding to: Is there a reason that 'Predictive Autofocus' (as in AI Servo) was not considered in the formation of the AF system for the Hy6? Other than I'm the only MFD shooter who would actually have find any value in it. Thanks!
David

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2007, 07:00:32 pm »

Am I the only one here who believes that future digital backs will be able to take over the focus action on the Hy6 by means of LiveView ?

Edmund

Hi Thierry,
Sorry for the mistake in the previous post. I have a dumb question that may or may not be worth responding to: Is there a reason that 'Predictive Autofocus' (as in AI Servo) was not considered in the formation of the AF system for the Hy6? Other than I'm the only MFD shooter who would actually have find any value in it. Thanks!
David
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=131491\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2007, 10:08:23 am »

You probably are. There isn't much chance of focusing when the mirror is down for visual control of the image's focus. And apart from that, focus sensors are not the same as an image taking CCD.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=131664\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

For once I am in agreement with Edmund.

A camera could be made with a semi transparent mirror

LIght then falls onto the chip

software analises the image(s) and works out the sharp point usiong contrast and iteration between subsequent images

Data is then fed back to the lens and the AF controlled

at this point your focus zone could be selected anywhere across the chip with a trackpad style device

$400 compacts have auto face recogition NOW surely using a simlar process

I think the Hy6 and all current generation MF cameras were designed with a totaly 'analogue' head on

This is a real shame basically you should be able to properly control your camera using setups you make on the laptop

As I am investigating using my H1 underwater I realise exactly how archaic the controls of cameras like this are

I know the approximate distance of my subject and want to program the cameras AF to only hunt in that range for example - no way on anything MF

S
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 10:17:27 am by Morgan_Moore »
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

thsinar

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2007, 12:37:43 pm »

Dear Sam,

the Sinar Hy6 can be remote controled from the computer, included the focus (like with the Sinar m), exactly the way you describe it below. Nothing to be compared with the H series.

Best regards,
Thierry

I think the Hy6 and all current generation MF cameras were designed with a totaly 'analogue' head on

This is a real shame basically you should be able to properly control your camera using setups you make on the laptop

As I am investigating using my H1 underwater I realise exactly how archaic the controls of cameras like this are

I know the approximate distance of my subject and want to program the cameras AF to only hunt in that range for example - no way on anything MF

S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=131753\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

ynp

• http://
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2007, 02:26:45 pm »

This is my dream camera: an Apla or something to put the best digital lenses on, an AF system, moving the back  (the sensor)  according to the data collected by the back (like the Contax AX did several yars ago. Contax AX body autofocuses by changing the lens-to-film distance. ). Then we can skip the Mirror, avoid mirror slap, expensive helicoid barrels and we can enjoy the best lenses ever. A Sinar-M shutter or in-lens shutters will be your option.

Yevgeny
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 05:10:03 pm by ynp »

kjkahn

« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2007, 03:23:37 pm »

Quote from: Morgan_Moore,Aug 6 2007, 02:08 PM
For once I am in agreement with Edmund.
A camera could be made with a semi transparent mirror ...

As I imagine you know, pellicle mirrors date back at least to 1965.

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/compa...sources/pellix/

They appear to have fallen out of favor, obvious benefits notwithstanding..

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2007, 03:30:55 pm »

Dear Sam,

the Sinar Hy6 can be remote controled from the computer, included the focus (like with the Sinar m), exactly the way you describe it below. Nothing to be compared with the H series.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=131779\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I dont mean shooting tethered. (although that is interesting to know - sorry to mis understand/represent your product)

Iwant to build and load my own 'profiles'

e.g Profile One
auto ISO, but never go beyond 400, A focus between 2 and 3meters and meter using 250 speed priority using everything  but the center to meter (!)

My experience in moving situations is that most automation end up not being used becuase it is not definable enough

Still I dont think there is integration between image anaysis from Live View and camera control - this is the fundamental step not currently present ??

IMO Live View data should be able to drive exposure focus and aperture

----

YNP yes it is indeed the gream (!)

S
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 03:35:28 pm by Morgan_Moore »
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

gregkingsbi

• http://www.bronimaging.com
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2007, 09:12:37 am »

I am not sure if Thierry has covered this before or not, but another unique feature of the Sinar Hy6 is the "Focus Trap" feature.  You set the focus distance and then when something comes into focus at that range, the camera fires.  Great feature for fashion, kids, sports etc...

Sincerely,

Greg King
Sinar Bron Imaging
USA

"My experience in moving situations is that most automation end up not being used becuase it is not definable enough"
Greg King
Vice President of Sales Bro

H1/A75 Guy

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2007, 10:13:06 am »

Actually Greg, no one has ever mentioned the "Focus Trap" feature of the Hy6. If the focus trap feature is true, the marketing guys for the Hy6 really suck. Focus Trap would be a second cousin to Predictive IA Servo Focus. Not unlike the the focus trap feature first seen on the original Minolta 9000 from centuries ago. It could be reason enough me to buy a Hy6. Thanks for the input.

David

Carl Glover

• http://www.alephstudio.co.uk
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2007, 11:01:48 am »

The Rollei 6008AF has it btw too.

I've never used it though.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up