Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Captions in Metadata  (Read 2566 times)

kmsimmonds

Captions in Metadata
« on: June 13, 2007, 09:32:57 am »

Hi. I'm very new to Light Room, and have got stuck with this.  I want to put a different caption on every photo in my web gallery, and it took me ages to figure out that the caption has to come from the metadata that you already in. So I went back to "Library" and added different captions to all the photos, wnt back ibto "Web" and ticked the box by "Caption".  It still doesn't work. Any ideas?

laughfta

Captions in Metadata
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 02:01:00 pm »

... I went back to "Library" and added different captions to all the photos, went back to "Web" and ticked the box by "Caption".  It still doesn't work. Any ideas?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=122586\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Open the dropdown entitled "Custom Settings" by the caption box. If you go scroll down to "edit", it will open a new dialog box. Here select "insert" directly across from the caption box. An example will appear above the window at the top of the box. This should be drawn from the caption you entered in the metadata. If it's what you are looking for, just click "done".

There are many other options, you can explore those at your leisure!

kmsimmonds

Captions in Metadata
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 03:41:59 pm »

Open the dropdown entitled "Custom Settings" by the caption box. If you go scroll down to "edit", it will open a new dialog box. Here select "insert" directly across from the caption box. An example will appear above the window at the top of the box. This should be drawn from the caption you entered in the metadata. If it's what you are looking for, just click "done".

There are many other options, you can explore those at your leisure!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=122648\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

kmsimmonds

Captions in Metadata
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 03:49:37 pm »

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I did what you said but there is no "caption" box in the drop down box.  The first box is "image name" (but that doesn't work). Then "numbering"  "exif data"  "IPTC data"  .     I've tried typing directly into the example text box at the top .... but that adds the text to every photo in the gallery.

Stuck ............  but almost there.

Where now ?

laughfta

Captions in Metadata
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 05:07:39 pm »

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I did what you said but there is no "caption" box in the drop down box.  The first box is "image name" (but that doesn't work). Then "numbering"  "exif data"  "IPTC data"  .     I've tried typing directly into the example text box at the top .... but that adds the text to every photo in the gallery.

Stuck ............  but almost there.

Where now ?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=122677\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Sorry about the confusion--Open IPTC data. the second item in the drop down is "caption" select that, then "insert".  Does this help?

kmsimmonds

Captions in Metadata
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 05:50:45 pm »

Thankyou so much ...... that did it.  I've been struggling with that all day. I can sleep now.  Well - I have one more problem .... and you sound like the person.  I've now exported the HTML gallery to my Dreamweaver web site, and I've put it into the desired page, and it works (complete with captions). But once youre in the gallery and clicking next - next - next, it seems to go outside the web site, and there seems to be no obvious way back into the web site (the banner and the nav bar have disappeared). Any ideas on that one?
Pages: [1]   Go Up