Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Used p30 or H3d 31  (Read 1945 times)

timothyjamesfarrell

Used p30 or H3d 31
« on: June 13, 2007, 05:24:53 am »

So I have decided to seriosly invest in MF Digital.

I Currently own Hassy 503 with 5 lenses, so here is my dilema.

Do I buy a factory refurbished p30 and worry about second hand value

Or

Push a big stack of money towards the hass h3d?

My local camera dealer is offering me the h3d + 50, 80, 150, battery grip for 31,673 USD(excluding tax) with the trade in on my older gear(503,winder,cfi120,cfi120,cfi50fle,pme45) which i get 5,382 USD for.

*Please note that I live in Sweden and the prices are higher due to our taxes*

I have also been offer the refurb phase p30 for 119(excluding tax)

If I go for the h3d I will of course try to sell the hass gear I have for more money on the open market, and I think my dealer can probably do better if I push them a little.

I have decided on the 31 sensor because I will use it for many lowlight situations I shoot, and I have considered other alternatives such as the cfv/p20 and do not see it as a big step up from my d2x.

I have tested both Capture one and Flex colour and have no preference, In my opinion they both work equally well, and I like the distortion correction available with the h3d flex colour soulution.

One of my biggest worries is that phase one is going to get pushed out of the market (by hasselblad and sinar/rollie) and what will happen when it comes time to upgrade.

I would like to hear from those of you with experience with the h3d and with phase backs on v system, and any comments on second hand value/uppgrading.

As a footnote I am not that interested in wide angle fotography so the 28mm will not influence my choice however missing out on new lens offerings will!

Kind Regards

timothyjamesfarrell

Used p30 or H3d 31
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 05:26:05 am »

Anybody?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 11:50:29 am by timothyjamesfarrell »

Camdavidson

• http://www.camerondavidson.com
Used p30 or H3d 31
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 01:25:05 pm »

So I have decided to seriosly invest in MF Digital.

I Currently own Hassy 503 with 5 lenses, so here is my dilema.

Do I buy a factory refurbished p30 and worry about second hand value

Or

Push a big stack of money towards the hass h3d?

My local camera dealer is offering me the h3d + 50, 80, 150, battery grip for 31,673 USD(excluding tax) with the trade in on my older gear(503,winder,cfi120,cfi120,cfi50fle,pme45) which i get 5,382 USD for.

*Please note that I live in Sweden and the prices are higher due to our taxes*

I have also been offer the refurb phase p30 for 119(excluding tax)

If I go for the h3d I will of course try to sell the hass gear I have for more money on the open market, and I think my dealer can probably do better if I push them a little.

I have decided on the 31 sensor because I will use it for many lowlight situations I shoot, and I have considered other alternatives such as the cfv/p20 and do not see it as a big step up from my d2x.

I have tested both Capture one and Flex colour and have no preference, In my opinion they both work equally well, and I like the distortion correction available with the h3d flex colour soulution.

One of my biggest worries is that phase one is going to get pushed out of the market (by hasselblad and sinar/rollie) and what will happen when it comes time to upgrade.

I would like to hear from those of you with experience with the h3d and with phase backs on v system, and any comments on second hand value/uppgrading.

As a footnote I am not that interested in wide angle fotography so the 28mm will not influence my choice however missing out on new lens offerings will!

Kind Regards
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=122564\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Timothy

I have a complete Mamiya kit for sale with a just delivered P30+.  It is listed in the for sale forum on the site.  If interested, please get in touch with me.

Thanks!

Cameron Davidson
Pages: [1]   Go Up