Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Used equipment prices...  (Read 4532 times)

mahleu

• 500px
Used equipment prices...
« on: June 11, 2007, 12:53:44 pm »

Is there any kind of list of 'book prices' for used equipment, like there is for used cars?

dobson

• http://
Used equipment prices...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 03:57:34 pm »

I'm not familiar with any.

When I want to check current values of used equipment, I follow ebay sales. It's suprising how much prices can fluctuate with time.

Phillip

CUclimber

Used equipment prices...
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 04:17:26 pm »

Much better than eBay are the prices on the FredMiranda.com Buy & Sell forum.  eBay still has plenty of those bizzare auctions where a used piece of equipment will sell for more than the cost of a new one, and there are seemingly so many people on there who have no idea what they're buying or selling that basing your used price information off of that data is a bit of a stretch (in my opinion).

I've bought and sold a handful of items on FredMiranda.com for much better prices than they go for on eBay (both buying and selling).  If nothing else, factor that in to your equation along with the used prices at KEH.com.

Digiteyesed

• http://www.neutralhillsstills.ca/
Used equipment prices...
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 05:41:12 pm »

eBay still has plenty of those bizzare auctions where a used piece of equipment will sell for more than the cost of a new one
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=122251\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Two things to watch out for on eBay:

1) Grey market items. Yeah, stuff is cheaper, but do you want to drop several thousand on a camera system that has no manufacturer warranty support in your country?

2) Keep an eye on the shipping charges. Many eBay merchants low-ball shipping prices to come out on top of searches and then make up the difference in the shipping fees.

I prefer to do my purchasing through established dealers. Yeah, it costs more, but it's nice to know there's someone there to back me up if something goes wrong with my expensive digital camera.

Props to Camera Canada (www.cameracanada.com) for the absolutely outstanding service and support they've given me for the past three years. I'm a very happy customer.

oliviaharis

Used equipment prices...
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 06:19:14 am »

When it comes to fall colour photography most of us immediately think landscapes. Longer focal length lenses tend to offer a different, flatter perspective for landscapes when photographed from a distance. These lenses make elements in the foreground seem closer to things in the background - the opposite of what wide angles do. Shooting fall colours is also not just about what's on the trees.
----------------------
oliviaharis
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 03:12:56 pm by michael »

giles

Used equipment prices...
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 01:37:17 pm »

Quote from: dobson
When I want to check current values of used equipment, I follow ebay sales. It's suprising how much prices can fluctuate with time.
I also check B&H/Adorama new prices, which gives me an idea of a maximum to pay.

I grabbed a bunch of stuff locally in Australia when the AUD$ was about to drop; oddly enough with a 25%+ drop in the AUD$ v. the USD$ second hand prices went up.    (Grin because I got my items before the prices went up.)

Giles
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 01:38:42 pm by giles »

vandevanterSH

Used equipment prices...
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 01:51:44 pm »

Quote from: mahleu
Is there any kind of list of 'book prices' for used equipment, like there is for used cars?

KEH.com

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up