Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Big Sur Pfeiffer Arch question  (Read 4873 times)

Khurram

Big Sur Pfeiffer Arch question
« on: June 11, 2007, 11:39:48 am »

Well I'm finally leaving for Califoria tommorrow night and had one question regardig Pfeiffer Arch. I was in big sur for a day and a half in Jan 06 and took this picture at during that trip at Pfeiffer beach.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/544131

Is the picture I took a picture of Pfeiffer Arch Every other picture I've seen of it does not have any rocks in front of the arch and it appears you can see the arch from a long ways and the arch looks a lot larger than the one in the picture i took.

I took this picture standing on top of the rocks that were in front of this arch. However, the arch itsel was surrounded by rocks and it's view was obstructed until you climbed over the rocks.

Last time i just barely got there in time for sunset so i didn't get a chance to look around, this time, i want to make sure i get a shot of the right arch if there is another one
----
[url=http://www.pbase.com/kssphotog

Edward Mendes

• Edward Mendes Photography - Fine Art Photography Prints and Workshops
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 04:48:03 am »

From the image it looks like you have the right one.  There are rocks in front of the arch leading to the beach.  To make sure you have the correct arch, did you take a sharp right off highway 1 onto an unmarked practically one lane road that after a few miles lead to a nicely up kept parking lot and ranger pay station?  If so then that was it.

You have a great image, that particular location can be very difficult to work with because the weather is often bad, and there is normally people everywhere.  I've been there many time and on only one occasion has the weather ideal, at least the sunset, the wind was really kicking.

Ed Mendes
www.edwardmendes.com

Well I'm finally leaving for Califoria tommorrow night and had one question regardig Pfeiffer Arch. I was in big sur for a day and a half in Jan 06 and took this picture at during that trip at Pfeiffer beach.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/544131

Is the picture I took a picture of Pfeiffer Arch Every other picture I've seen of it does not have any rocks in front of the arch and it appears you can see the arch from a long ways and the arch looks a lot larger than the one in the picture i took.

I took this picture standing on top of the rocks that were in front of this arch. However, the arch itsel was surrounded by rocks and it's view was obstructed until you climbed over the rocks.

Last time i just barely got there in time for sunset so i didn't get a chance to look around, this time, i want to make sure i get a shot of the right arch if there is another one
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=122208\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 04:50:48 am by Edward Mendes »
Edward Mendes
 Edward Mendes Photography

Khurram

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 09:21:53 am »

Hi Ed,

I just got back from my california trip this week.
Actually, last time i was there, i did get the wrong arch - it turned out to be a good shot, but I found tha there are two arches at pfeiffer beach.  Unfortunately, at this time of the year, the sun sets in a different spot, so i wasn't able to get the shot i was after and there were a lot more people on the beach as well and similar to your experience, it was extemely windy.

From the image it looks like you have the right one.  There are rocks in front of the arch leading to the beach.  To make sure you have the correct arch, did you take a sharp right off highway 1 onto an unmarked practically one lane road that after a few miles lead to a nicely up kept parking lot and ranger pay station?  If so then that was it.

You have a great image, that particular location can be very difficult to work with because the weather is often bad, and there is normally people everywhere.  I've been there many time and on only one occasion has the weather ideal, at least the sunset, the wind was really kicking.

Ed Mendes
www.edwardmendes.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124488\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
----
[url=http://www.pbase.com/kssphotog
Pages: [1]   Go Up