Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red Cast in JPEGs in Bridge 2.1.0.100  (Read 1658 times)

pminicucci

Red Cast in JPEGs in Bridge 2.1.0.100
« on: June 10, 2007, 11:29:31 am »

I've run into a minor problem with the new Bridge update and I'm hopeful that someone will know of a cure or, at least, be able to point me in the right direction.

Specifically, when I produce a JPEG by using Save-For-The-Web, in PSCS3, with the sRGB profile embedded, Bridge previews the resulting file with a red color cast. (See example.) This does not happen if I save the file as a JPEG using just "Save As...". Only when using "Save for the Web". All other files display normally. Moreover, if I open the affected JPEG from within Bridge, the red cast remains present. If I open the JPEG in PS or any other image program, the cast is gone.

I've reset Bridge preferences and updated my monitor calibration with no joy. I've reset color settings within Bridge (North American Prepress adjusted so that the gray work space is Gray gamma 2.2). The problem also persists when logged on as a new user. I'm inclined to think that it must be something within the Bridge update but I'm usually wrong about things like that. In any event, I'd be interested to know if anyone else can reproduce the problem.

FYI, there is a thread on the Adobe Bridge Boards about the issue but no answers have been found.

My platform is PPC Mac, 10.4.9. Calibration via Gretag MacBeth's Eye One.

[attachment=2620:attachment]
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 11:53:47 am by pminicucci »
Best,
Pat
Pages: [1]   Go Up