Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cutting Canvas  (Read 2380 times)

Mary K

Cutting Canvas
« on: June 09, 2007, 05:24:38 pm »

I have just started printing on canvas with my HP Z3100 (44") printer, and can't seem to come up with a good way to make nice straight cuts when the print is finished.  I'd appreciate any tips some of you more experienced users would like to share.

Thanks,
Mary
Mary Konchar

Geoff Wittig

Cutting Canvas
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 10:26:03 am »

There's a cutting slot on the back of the sheet film door on the back of the printer. If you lift the paper lever and pull the canvas back out of the printer (rolling it back onto the spindle) you can then pull it up against the (closed) door and use a sharp blade to cut the canvas. The blade drops into the slot to give a straight cut.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 10:26:30 am by Geoff Wittig »

Mary K

Cutting Canvas
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 04:43:59 pm »

There's a cutting slot on the back of the sheet film door on the back of the printer. If you lift the paper lever and pull the canvas back out of the printer (rolling it back onto the spindle) you can then pull it up against the (closed) door and use a sharp blade to cut the canvas. The blade drops into the slot to give a straight cut.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=122036\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks, Geoff, I'll give that a try.

Mary
Mary Konchar

Mussi_Spectraflow

• http://www.spectraflow.com
Cutting Canvas
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 11:38:48 pm »

I dont think there are any really easy ways...The way I do it is by pulling out a bit and then using a handheld rotary scissors held against the front edge of the printer. If your really doing a lot of canvas make the investment in the tabletop cutter.

Julian
Julian Mussi
 Spectraflow, Color Workflow

namartinnz

Cutting Canvas
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 02:46:10 am »

I dont think there are any really easy ways...The way I do it is by pulling out a bit and then using a handheld rotary scissors held against the front edge of the printer. If your really doing a lot of canvas make the investment in the tabletop cutter.

Julian
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=122140\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you are using Qimage on a PC you can set the border edge to print a solid line, allowing me to do a straight cut with scissors.

Neal
Pages: [1]   Go Up