Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom and Windows Problems  (Read 3588 times)

KimC

Lightroom and Windows Problems
« on: June 09, 2007, 12:57:28 pm »

Hi,

If anyone can offer help with this, it would be greatly appreciated...

I am using Windows XP with a Sony Desktop computer.  I just bought Lightroom and can't seem to drag and drop (change the order) in any of the Modules...In Scott Kelby's Lightroom book, he says, for instance, in Survey View, you can reorder the photos just by dragging and dropping and they change into a tiny thumbnail.  I am unable to do this. And even in Slideshow mode I can't reorder them on the filmstrip.  I do get the white grab fist but when I try to move one to a new place, the black circle with the slash appears and nothing happens.

Also, I am missing the top bar that contains the minimize and maximize and close buttons so I can't collapse the program to take a break and run another program without having to Exit.

Thanks again for any help,
Kim
kacarts@comcast.net
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 01:03:04 pm by KimC »

laughfta

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 02:17:19 pm »

I do get the white grab fist but when I try to move one to a new place, the black circle with the slash appears and nothing happens.

Make sure you are in a folder or a collection--it doesn't seem to work if you have a keyword highlighted.

Also, I am missing the top bar that contains the minimize and maximize and close buttons so I can't collapse the program to take a break and run another program without having to Exit.

Go to window, screen mode, standard screen mode. Or toggle the "F" key through the screen modes.

Also, you can hold the "alt" key down and tab through your applications, which was just pointed out to me when I ran into this same problem the other night:)

D. King

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 12:30:35 am »

Hi,

If anyone can offer help with this, it would be greatly appreciated...

I am using Windows XP with a Sony Desktop computer.  I just bought Lightroom and can't seem to drag and drop (change the order) in any of the Modules...In Scott Kelby's Lightroom book, he says, for instance, in Survey View, you can reorder the photos just by dragging and dropping and they change into a tiny thumbnail.  I am unable to do this. And even in Slideshow mode I can't reorder them on the filmstrip.  I do get the white grab fist but when I try to move one to a new place, the black circle with the slash appears and nothing happens.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121918\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You are not the only one.  I run XP Pro and cannot drag and drop in Lightroom.  Nada.  I spent a lot of time on the phone with Adobe tech support and they had no idea what was wrong.  Only suggestion was to try different mouse drivers.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 01:40:55 am »

Then those tech guys need a training session - Adobe haven't implemented drag and drop to other apps on Windows.

John

KimC

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 09:14:32 am »

Make sure you are in a folder or a collection--it doesn't seem to work if you have a keyword highlighted.
Go to window, screen mode, standard screen mode. Or toggle the "F" key through the screen modes.
Also, you can hold the "alt" key down and tab through your applications, which was just pointed out to me when I ran into this same problem the other night:)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121929\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ah...Yes...I found this...Thank you!
Kim

KimC

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 09:19:09 am »

Quote from: laughfta,Jun 9 2007, 01:17 PM

Yes, I see this does work if I am in a collection.  I thought I was in a folder but I will check for the hightlighted keywords...
Thanks so much again,
Kim

dabreeze

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 12:54:19 pm »

i had the same problem trying to reorder images. dragged and got the same result: white grab fist and then black slash circle wherever i tried to drop to. until i got lucky one day and rather than dragging from the frame around the image, i dragged from within the image itself. this is the key. slideshow, library: simply make sure you start the drag from within the image.

D. King

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 07:17:41 pm »

Then those tech guys need a training session - Adobe haven't implemented drag and drop to other apps on Windows.

John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=122003\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Are you saying there's no Windows drag and drop within LR?  

Kant be.  Really?
Pages: [1]   Go Up