Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frederix Art Canvas / Moab Canvases  (Read 1878 times)

SeanPuckett

• http://photi.ca/
Frederix Art Canvas / Moab Canvases
« on: June 08, 2007, 08:59:28 am »

The Frederix canvas is listed at DryTac (where I get my mounting supplies) and is apparently quite popular with the signage crowd.  Has anyone used it for fine art?  How does it hold up to the first party medias in gamut and print quality?  

Also I've noticed that Vistek (canada) is now stocking the Moab canvases.  Any thoughts on those?

I've been steady with Premier canvas, but am willing to switch for better cost and, more importantly, fewer "pinholes" in my prints.

HP Vivera ink experience (z3100 in particular) preferred, but general thoughts always appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 08:59:43 am by SeanPuckett »

marcsitkin

• marcsitkinphotography
Frederix Art Canvas / Moab Canvases
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 09:24:08 am »

The Frederix canvas is listed at DryTac (where I get my mounting supplies) and is apparently quite popular with the signage crowd.  Has anyone used it for fine art?  How does it hold up to the first party medias in gamut and print quality? 

Also I've noticed that Vistek (canada) is now stocking the Moab canvases.  Any thoughts on those?

I've been steady with Premier canvas, but am willing to switch for better cost and, more importantly, fewer "pinholes" in my prints.

HP Vivera ink experience (z3100 in particular) preferred, but general thoughts always appreciated.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121777\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've run quite a bit of Fredrix Canvas purchased from Fischer on a solvent machine. It often has had uneven coating that led to rejected prints. I've also been told by one of the artist we print for that he had problems stretching the material, because it tore at the corners.(I'd take that comment with a grain of salt, no one else ever had that problem.)

We are currently runnug canvas from Breathing Color on the Z3100 and a Roland. Very nice material, no coating problems yet, and the artists are all happy.

Marc Sitkin
Regards,
 Marc Sitkin www.digitalmomentum
Pages: [1]   Go Up