Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird call today ?????? Aptus 75s upgrade  (Read 4165 times)

AndreNapier

• Andre Napier Photography
Weird call today ?????? Aptus 75s upgrade
« on: June 07, 2007, 02:44:40 pm »

I just received a phone call from some guy name Ted from Leaf USA extenssion 245 about my upgrade. According to him I have to send my back to leaf USA by 4pm today in order to have it upgraded. There is no exchange, no new backs, no new warranty just an technical upgrade.
This is nothing like I have spoke with Bob Bresson before. Coincidently Bob and Steve Hendrix are away from the country this week so I can not veryfy nothing. Also Ted never heard about Bob Bresson. Something stinks here. Beware.

AndreNapier

• Andre Napier Photography
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 04:40:49 pm »

I just received a phone call from some guy name Ted from Leaf USA extenssion 245 about my upgrade. According to him I have to send my back to leaf USA by 4pm today in order to have it upgraded. There is no exchange, no new backs, no new warranty just an technical upgrade.
This is nothing like I have spoke with Bob Bresson before. Coincidently Bob and Steve Hendrix are away from the country this week so I can not veryfy nothing. Also Ted never heard about Bob Bresson. Something stinks here. Beware.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121662\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Shortly after posting this message I received a phone call from Pat from Leaf clearifing the upgrade
process in respond to my posting. The uprade is not a swap like it used to be in the past but an electronic upgrade to existing body. It all seems to be legit and I probably overreacted.
I will wait for my rep to come back from Israel and try to clear things up.
However if this is the case I will positivly pass on this upgrade. My back works like a charm and the last thing I need is for someone to take it guts out and than try to put it back. New body made sens as an future investment otherwise it will trully never be A75s but just and old body with new ellectronics.

NBP

• http://
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 07:29:12 am »

Shortly after posting this message I received a phone call from Pat from Leaf clearifing the upgrade
process in respond to my posting. The uprade is not a swap like it used to be in the past but an electronic upgrade to existing body. It all seems to be legit and I probably overreacted.
I will wait for my rep to come back from Israel and try to clear things up.
However if this is the case I will positivly pass on this upgrade. My back works like a charm and the last thing I need is for someone to take it guts out and than try to put it back. New body made sens as an future investment otherwise it will trully never be A75s but just and old body with new ellectronics.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121677\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's an upgrade that I believe is for customers who bought 65 & 75 backs in NA from January - March this year. My dealer in Long Island says they are sending out invitations when ready for you.

But like you, I think I'll pass. I bought a 65 because I didn't need a 65S for what I do and still don't. My 65 is working perfectly and I want it to stay that way.

nicolaasdb

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 05:19:52 am »

So you are telling me that I got to spend 3K for the "boys" at leaf to "upgrade" my "old" back??
If I pay 3K I want a new back with a new sensor without the color shift problem....this sounds very wrong!! And yes I will pass too if that's the case!! And maybe my next system will be Phase afterall!

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 12:51:21 pm »

So you are telling me that I got to spend 3K for the "boys" at leaf to "upgrade" my "old" back??
If I pay 3K I want a new back with a new sensor without the color shift problem....this sounds very wrong!! And yes I will pass too if that's the case!! And maybe my next system will be Phase afterall!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=122016\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It has never been documented from Leaf that end users would receive a completely new unit. This is ultimately an upgrade process, not a swap or trade-in. The sensor and LCD screen are removed from your back and put into a completely new chassis, with updated electronics, including firewire 800 and double data readout. The primary element that the Aptus S addresses is speed. For $3,000 you receive the fastest digital back on the market.

There is no digital back on the market displaying 30+ megapixels that is guaranteed to be free of color shift.

Steve Hendrix
PPR
www.ppratlanta.com
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

nicolaasdb

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 02:28:06 pm »

Okay Steve...is this a normal colorshift??
The only reason that I didn't ship my back back is because I need it and just prevent shooting available light at 200 or 400iso...until the 65s would be available....now I guess I got to treat it as a sensor error and ship it back for repair...and than again for an upgrade.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 07:09:27 pm by nicolaasdb »
Pages: [1]   Go Up