Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vertical banding with the HP 8750 printer  (Read 2252 times)

Dave_007

Vertical banding with the HP 8750 printer
« on: June 06, 2007, 07:51:14 am »

I am using the HP 8750 photosmart 13x19 printer. I have noticed vertical banding streak lines when using  glossy (HP, Kirkland, Epson). The inks is new and this happens whether I use oem or alternative inks. Because I see the bands on different manufacturers glossy paper I tend to believe it is the unit somehow (not the papers). I have checked and cleaned the nozzle which prints ok on the test print, but on my portraits is see "BANDING".

I kinda remember seeing a small wedge like device being sold on the web which is supposed alleviate this issue with printers, but I cannot remember its name. Does anyone know of the same or a similar solution or any other solution to this problem? This unit is hardly used, but it is out of warranty, so that is not an option. And I really like the way it prints when it works, so I am trying to resolve this issue. Again I only see the problem on glossy coated paper.

Dave

John R Smith

• Still crazy, after all these years
Vertical banding with the HP 8750 printer
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 10:33:34 am »

Dave

there should be no banding of any sort on an 8000 series printer in good condition. First thing to do is run a printer calibration routine from the maintenance menu. As it is vertical banding it is unlikely to be blocked jets, but if the problem persists replace all the ink cartridges and calibrate again.

John
Hasselblad 500 C/M, SWC and CFV-39 DB
an
Pages: [1]   Go Up