Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3800 loading errors ...  (Read 2651 times)

spherop

Epson 3800 loading errors ...
« on: June 05, 2007, 12:46:46 am »

I just got the 3800 and am having issues with MOAB Entrada bright white 17x22" - being able to load the paper from the rear tray which is what I am understanding is the correct path.

Sometimes it works and I am able to print just fine. But most of the time I am getting the err message:

Paper Error
Press the Down button
Load paper correctly

I am loading the paper as the instructions indicate pushing gently down until resistance. Sometimes it works... but much of the time not.

I will call Epson tomorrow morning - but thought I'd also post here to see if others have encountered this.
photoworks.......@
www.danielnewman.info

ron ritcher

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 01:29:54 am »

Me, too!!  In fact, I was going to write nearly the same post as yours, so, although I can't suggest a fix, I CAN reassure you that you're not alone.  I've had my 3800 for a few months, but printed only a very few times, and none at all for many weeks -- so forgot about the "problem" until recently when I jumped in again.

I find that the PS driver asks for a paper path in the "page setup" section (have you seen that?), but where I'm running into the glitch is when printing with ImagePrint.  Can't find any paper-path options there . . .

Hope we both can get some help here!

--Ron

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 01:38:09 pm »

Folks, we just had a thread about this recently ...

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=17289
Eric Chan

spherop

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 02:05:28 pm »

Folks, we just had a thread about this recently ...

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=17289
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121256\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

ahhh sorry - i tried search for rear tray before posting and missed that ...will continue there.
photoworks.......@
www.danielnewman.info

spherop

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 03:37:05 pm »

ahhh sorry - i tried search for rear tray before posting and missed that ...will continue there.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121270\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

seems to be resolved for me...the key is putting consistent downward pressure on the paper during the load process - you feel it slide in another centimeter and then all is good.
photoworks.......@
www.danielnewman.info

picnic

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 05:08:26 pm »

seems to be resolved for me...the key is putting consistent downward pressure on the paper during the load process - you feel it slide in another centimeter and then all is good.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121297\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, that's the secret.  Once you 'feel' it, then its easy.  If you don't put that pressure on it seems that it just will not 'catch' correctly.  After I had my first problem last December, I got out the manual and read that ---and tried it using the pressure.  Now it seems to work with all the papers that are recommended for that slot.   MUCH easier than having to load from the back as the 2200's.

Diane
Pages: [1]   Go Up