Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image Quality of Mamiya ZD / Canon 1D Mark III  (Read 5568 times)

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
Image Quality of Mamiya ZD / Canon 1D Mark III
« on: June 04, 2007, 04:01:25 am »

Yes, difference in 22MP vs. 10MP. However the image quality of the 1D Mk III can give us indication of what will be offered in the 1Ds Mk III (rumoured to be same MP as the Mamiya).

Thus my question... any user experience of the image quality of the ZD (slr or back) compared to that of the 1D Mk III?

Per reviews of course low noise at high ISO is much to advantage of 1D Mk III, but what about the rest of image quality aspects considering the considerably larger sensor pixels of the Mamiya?

Much thanks.

Regards
Anders

michael

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 05:40:40 am »

Are you aware of this artticle and the accompanying disk? It only covers resolution, not other aspects of image quality, but might be helpful.

Michael

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 07:49:19 am »

Are you aware of this artticle and the accompanying disk? It only covers resolution, not other aspects of image quality, but might be helpful.

Michael
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, that comparison is very excellent (have read it several times, very useful even though does not include the 1D Mark III or ZD). There are also a number of articles and forum discussions on the ZD and the article of the 1D Mark III here on Luminous Landscape. All speak detailed about each camera.

The 1Ds Mark III should be priced a little lower than the ZD slr, so it would be interesting to hear if someone has direct experience of both the ZD and 1D Mark III.

My interest in future will of course be the 1Ds Mark III compared to ZD (or Nikon D3X if it will ever be FF 36x24mm sensor and reach 22MP and not the rumoured 18.6 and 1.1x). The 1Ds Mark III of course assumably capable of much higher quality high ISO than the ZD, but what about the rest?? What will set the ZD apart more, or the 1Ds Mark III in comparison to each other? Which one will bring easiest path from taking photo thru getting it processed digitally (colors, DR, detail etc). I like taking photos, not spending too much time on each photo in computer...

My aspiration is more detail and quality than my D200 can bring in large prints such as this (and I do not like DX) [a href=\"http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=709640]http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=709640[/url]. I am an expat who live overseas and travel much, my goal in photography is framing of such travels for a future house.

Regards
Anders
Pages: [1]   Go Up