Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Rebel xti issue and question re: res  (Read 10491 times)

jeepsr4girlz

Canon Rebel xti issue and question re: res
« on: May 30, 2007, 03:23:23 pm »

[attachment=2571:attachment][attachment=2571:attachment]Hello, I'm hoping to find some assistance here from some experienced photograhers who may be able to help me.  I purchased my Canon Rebel xti about 6 months ago.  I am NOT a professional photograher, but love to play around with photography and take ALOT of everyday pictures (mostly close ups of flowers, animals and wildlife).
A problem I just started having is when I download my pictures to my computer, some of the pictures are "cut in half" horizontally, some vertically....hard to describe...but the color will be fine on one half and "off" the other half.  I've never had this problem before, just the last couple of weeks.  The display looks fine on camera, just when I download them.  Is this the camera, or me? (I attached an example)
Another question, it is a 10 megapixel camera, how do you set it at 10 megapixels?  I would like to have some pictures enlarged a great deal, but I do not think they have enough pixels.  Is there a trick to doing this?
I would appreciate any advice.  Thanks in advance!

Michele

DarkPenguin

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 04:04:04 pm »

How are you downloading your images?  Presumably that, or your CF card, is having issues.

As to the 10mp thing.  What size are your images now?  (They should be about 3888x2592)  You'll find that setting under the menu.  You'll want LARGE jpeg.

jeepsr4girlz

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 05:30:19 pm »

How are you downloading your images?  Presumably that, or your CF card, is having issues.

I download by plugging camera into computer.  I never take my card out for fear of damaging it! )

As to the 10mp thing.  What size are your images now?  (They should be about 3888x2592)  You'll find that setting under the menu.  You'll want LARGE jpeg.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=120277\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

My images are 3888x2592.  When I go through Walgreens or such, it says the resolution is too low and it will not be a quality picture.
I purchased AdobePhotoshop Elements 5.0 this past weekend and I am still playing around with it, but previously I used an HP photo editing program that came with my printer.

I appreciate your reply.  I am sure I will be posting my questions as I go!  I am still playing with camera settings and shooting techniques.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 06:09:36 pm »

Does it give any more information?  Cause 3888x2592 is a lot of pixels.

jeepsr4girlz

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 10:04:39 am »

Does it give any more information?  Cause 3888x2592 is a lot of pixels.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=120304\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is what it says:
Resolution warning

If you see a yellow triangle  next to one or more of the photos in your order, this is a warning that quality of your print or photo item will not be good. To avoid getting a low quality print or photo product that will be blurry and discolored, we recommend not ordering with a photo that has a yellow triangle next to it. The warning may appear with digital photos you've uploaded, or with film photos you have cropped using our Photo Fix tools.

Getting good prints and photo products from your digital photos is easy, as long as you follow this simple guideline: high quality digital prints and photo products start with high quality digital images. This means that the digital photo files you upload must be of a minimum pixel size to produce the best possible product. Please refer to this chart to determine the minimum image size you need to produce quality prints and photo products:
 Print size Minimum image resolution required
4x6 540x360 pixels
5x7 630x450 pixels
8x10 900x720 pixels
11x14 posters 1260x990 pixels
12x18 posters 1620x1080 pixels
16x20 posters 1800x1440 pixels
20x30 posters 2700x1800 pixels
Wallet prints 270x180 pixels

I went back and looked at the properties of a particular picture and it shows it is 480x318 pixels.  I remember now that I re-sized the pictures so they would download faster.  SO, I guess what I need to do is NOT re-size the pictures?  I am attaching the picture in reference.....I converted it to black and white also, would this make a difference?  Thanks again.

jeepsr4girlz

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 10:05:46 am »

[attachment=2572:attachment][attachment=2572:attachment]
Does it give any more information?  Cause 3888x2592 is a lot of pixels.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=120304\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is what it says:
Resolution warning

If you see a yellow triangle  next to one or more of the photos in your order, this is a warning that quality of your print or photo item will not be good. To avoid getting a low quality print or photo product that will be blurry and discolored, we recommend not ordering with a photo that has a yellow triangle next to it. The warning may appear with digital photos you've uploaded, or with film photos you have cropped using our Photo Fix tools.

Getting good prints and photo products from your digital photos is easy, as long as you follow this simple guideline: high quality digital prints and photo products start with high quality digital images. This means that the digital photo files you upload must be of a minimum pixel size to produce the best possible product. Please refer to this chart to determine the minimum image size you need to produce quality prints and photo products:
4x6 540x360 pixels
5x7 630x450 pixels
8x10 900x720 pixels

I went back and looked at the properties of a particular picture and it shows it is 480x318 pixels.  I remember now that I re-sized the pictures so they would download faster.  SO, I guess what I need to do is NOT re-size the pictures?  I am attaching the picture in reference.....I converted it to black and white also, would this make a difference?  Thanks again.

jeepsr4girlz

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 10:07:02 am »

Disregard attachment, I will re-do into reply.....sorry.

This is what it says:
Resolution warning

If you see a yellow triangle  next to one or more of the photos in your order, this is a warning that quality of your print or photo item will not be good. To avoid getting a low quality print or photo product that will be blurry and discolored, we recommend not ordering with a photo that has a yellow triangle next to it. The warning may appear with digital photos you've uploaded, or with film photos you have cropped using our Photo Fix tools.

4x6 540x360 pixels
5x7 630x450 pixels
8x10 900x720 pixels

I went back and looked at the properties of a particular picture and it shows it is 480x318 pixels.  I remember now that I re-sized the pictures so they would download faster.  SO, I guess what I need to do is NOT re-size the pictures?  I am attaching the picture in reference.....I converted it to black and white also, would this make a difference?  Thanks again.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=120416\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

jeepsr4girlz

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 10:31:36 am »

[attachment=2574:attachment]Here is the picture I was referencing:

This is what it says:
Resolution warning

If you see a yellow triangle  next to one or more of the photos in your order, this is a warning that quality of your print or photo item will not be good. To avoid getting a low quality print or photo product that will be blurry and discolored, we recommend not ordering with a photo that has a yellow triangle next to it. The warning may appear with digital photos you've uploaded, or with film photos you have cropped using our Photo Fix tools.

4x6 540x360 pixels
5x7 630x450 pixels
8x10 900x720 pixels

I went back and looked at the properties of a particular picture and it shows it is 480x318 pixels.  I remember now that I re-sized the pictures so they would download faster.  SO, I guess what I need to do is NOT re-size the pictures?  I am attaching the picture in reference.....I converted it to black and white also, would this make a difference?  Thanks again.

jeepsr4girlz

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 10:34:38 am »

[attachment=2574:attachment]Here is the picture I was referencing:

This is what it says:
Resolution warning

4x6 540x360 pixels
5x7 630x450 pixels
8x10 900x720 pixels

DarkPenguin

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 10:43:39 am »

Do not resize the pictures and you should be good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up