Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WTB Cosmetically Imperfect 100-400 f4.5-5.6  (Read 2211 times)

1stLight

WTB Cosmetically Imperfect 100-400 f4.5-5.6
« on: May 28, 2007, 10:56:25 pm »

I'm hoping I can find someone that has an ef 100-400mm that they aren't using much anymore, perhaps after moving up to long primes. I see a lot of these selling for around $1200 which look brand new, and at that price I would just buy a new copy.

I, however, don't care at all about how the lens looks and am hoping to find a copy for a better deal. Chipped paint is okay, and scratches on the body I don't mind. As long as the optics are clean, it's a sharp copy, the zoom travel is smooth, and the IS works, I would be happy to pay for your lens which you thought you'd never be able to sell. Afterall if I buy a new one, after one summer of using it the way I use my gear, it's going to look beat up anyway.

The past four years I've spent my summers working in various national parks for extended periods of time, focusing mainly on landscapes, but photographing all the wildlife I encounter as well. Since my wildlife photos are becoming increasingly popular with customers it's time for me to upgrade to a lens with better contrast and sharpness than my current wildlife lens. Feel free to visit my website if you'd like to see some work from the past few years, http://www.firstlightphotographs.com.

If anyone out there can help out I would be very grateful and you can know that the lens will be put to very good use. Please send an email to wh@firstlightphotographs.com or respond in this thread if you can help me out!

Thanks a lot!
Pages: [1]   Go Up