Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: printer placement  (Read 1852 times)

shsmith

printer placement
« on: May 28, 2007, 08:23:33 pm »

I am about to purchase a HP Z2100 24". The problem is available space. Our home office is very small and positioned under our bedroom. So even if I find a place to put the printer we may hear it running into the night. Another concern is our three cats that like to climb on,over, and under anything in the house.

One solution I am considering is settint the printer up in the garage. Down side to that is cooler temps than in office and possible higher humidity when the fog rolls in (live in San Francico). And of course there is the issue of it being in a dirtier environment.

A solution to the solution (still with me?   ) is to build a box for the printer and that would deal with the dirt and temp problems. Of course it would need some sort of venting system to keep things from getting too warm

If I do find room in the office I am again considering some sort of case to deal with the cats. Any ideas out there??

Geoff Wittig

printer placement
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 08:52:36 pm »

1) The printer is really not that noisy. Even with the fan going, in a carpeted room, it's hard for me to hear the thing if I'm more than 15' away.
2) I have cats too. The problem isn't so much the cats climbing on the machine (they will, no big deal) as the cat fur that gets everywhere. I just cover it with a blanket to keep it down to a minimum. On the bright side, as soon as the thing is printing the cats flee the room in terror.

shsmith

printer placement
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 01:50:24 am »

1) The printer is really not that noisy. Even with the fan going, in a carpeted room, it's hard for me to hear the thing if I'm more than 15' away.
2) I have cats too. The problem isn't so much the cats climbing on the machine (they will, no big deal) as the cat fur that gets everywhere. I just cover it with a blanket to keep it down to a minimum. On the bright side, as soon as the thing is printing the cats flee the room in terror.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=120048\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Geoff,

Yeah, it is the cat fur problem I am worried about. Not sure if my cats have the brains to flee.
Pages: [1]   Go Up