Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera RAW in CS 3  (Read 2374 times)

Kenneth Sky

• http://
Camera RAW in CS 3
« on: May 27, 2007, 05:08:04 pm »

Maybe it's great minds think alike or fools seldom differ  I was just reviewing Bruce Fraser's book on ACR and thought v. 4.0 would require an update on this book and you would be the natural fit to do so. I then went online looking for any similar books and find you are scheduled to release a new version of the exact title in Canada on Aug. 31. Is that a hard date or just appoximate?
P.S. I'm not a shill. I'm truly confused by how ACR behaves within CS 3 and how it fits into the workflow.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Camera RAW in CS 3
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 05:36:24 pm »

Well, I can't comment on how "hard" the release date is since I'm not done writing it, but yes, I am taking the book over for Bruce Fraser...it was something he asked me to do and I also have the full support of the Camera Raw team (including Thomas) as well as the Peachpit team that worked with Bruce in the past.

While Camera Raw 4 basically blows CR 3 out of the water in terms of controls (so that chapter will be written from scratch) and CR 4 now has this really weird relationship to not only raw but tiff & jpgs (which is STILL something we're all trying to adjust to) I plan on adding a chapter in the book on the relationship of Camera Raw to Lightroom-it won't be a how to for Lightroom, our other PG partner Martin Evening already has a good book on that...it'll be more about how CR and LR interact and relate to each other.

I plan to continue Bruce's outline for the book and use his words (and images) where still appropriate.

I also know that Bruce had asked Conrad Chavez to step in and take over Bruce's role in Real World Photoshop series...Chris Murphy and Andrew Rodney are "talking" at this stage about that to do when Real World Color Management needs updating.

At this point, since Real World Image Sharpening is such a new release (and we're all still learning from it) I don't know what plans there are for a revision...

But, we're all pretty committed to preserving and extending Bruce's legacy...

Raw shooter

Camera RAW in CS 3
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 06:00:14 pm »

That is both good news and a beautiful tribute to Bruce.
I look forward to reading the Camera Raw 4.0 book - cover to cover- just like when Bruce's version came out.
Thanks!

Kenneth Sky

• http://
Camera RAW in CS 3
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 08:50:08 am »

No vacations till your homework is done!  Looking forward to the book being published.

bjanes

Camera RAW in CS 3
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 10:15:02 am »

That is both good news and a beautiful tribute to Bruce.
I look forward to reading the Camera Raw 4.0 book - cover to cover- just like when Bruce's version came out.
Thanks!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119894\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I too am eagerly awaiting Jeff's revision of Bruce's classic. It could prove to be an interesting blend of talents and perspective. Bruce was a color geek, theorist, and author, and as I remember he once stated in one of his books that he was the world's worst photographer (he may have sold himself a bit short), whereas Jeff has made his reputation primarily as a working photographer.

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up