Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I got my P30 & I have a question...  (Read 5385 times)

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
I got my P30 & I have a question...
« on: May 26, 2007, 02:20:26 pm »

Hi all.  I rec'd my "loaner" P30 yesterday and am still going over all the contents of the case.  I've tried out the back with my Mamiya 645 AFD II and am very pleased.  Up till now I've been shooting with a Kodak Proback and the difference just blows me away.  I haven't as yet compaired images between the P30 and my 1Ds II but am planing on shortly.

Now for the question.  I want to know if there's a way of adding Owner's Name to the metadata much the same as you do with the Canon.  I've searched the on line information as it would appear that it is possible but the answer escapes me.  So for those who have a P30 - is there such a thing/way?  If so can you walk me thru it?  

Thanks to all

don

ericstaud

• www.ericstaudenmaier.com
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 04:55:31 pm »

Not in the MFDB.

There is an IPTC editor in C1 pro.  You can make a template, and batch apply to metadata to all the images in a capture folder at once.

You can also use Photo Mechanic or iView I think.

It is important to test the workflow though.  With my P45 I can add keywords and other metadata in iView.  If I go back and add or remove keywords in iView a second time, they are not read by C1 pro, and then won't end up in the output files.

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 05:31:24 pm »

Eric - Thanks for the reply.  I guess I thought I'd be able to add certain bits of information such as owners name directly to the back like I've been able to do with my 1Ds II.  I liked doing that as it branded the camera to me and could not be taken off without Canon software.  I'm still going through all the software and have found the IPTC editor.  Good thing I'm not doing much of anything this weekend and I still have about two weeks before heading to Moab.  

Again thanks for the information

Don

Lester

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 06:27:42 pm »

Don,

When are you going to be in Moab? I will be there on June 21st and 22nd. I will have both my P45 with Mamiya AFD and 1Ds II with me. It is the best time to shoot the Delicated Arch and other things.

Eric - Thanks for the reply.  I guess I thought I'd be able to add certain bits of information such as owners name directly to the back like I've been able to do with my 1Ds II.  I liked doing that as it branded the camera to me and could not be taken off without Canon software.  I'm still going through all the software and have found the IPTC editor.  Good thing I'm not doing much of anything this weekend and I still have about two weeks before heading to Moab.  

Again thanks for the information

Don
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119752\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I am a old fart, over 60

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 06:45:22 pm »

Lester - We hope to be going up there Monday June 11th.  We'll be up there for about a week staying (we hope) at Canyonlands National Park.  We have a few more things that need to be done here before we can leave.  In either event we hope to be up there before the really hot weather hits as well as the crowds.  We may have to slip it a week.  Just in case look for a Lance pickup camper and two tall folks (me I'm 6-9 and my wife is 6').  Hope to see you there!

Lester

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 11:33:35 pm »

Don, Canyonlands National Park is very big, it is like finding a needle in a haystack. Anyway I am going there to shoot at the Arches National Park, I will be with my daughter I am only 5'7" and my daughter is only 5'2" and we will be in a Jeep Grand Cherokee, sand color. We might run into each other, if we are there about the same time. Utah is a great place for landscape pictures.

Lester - We hope to be going up there Monday June 11th.  We'll be up there for about a week staying (we hope) at Canyonlands National Park.  We have a few more things that need to be done here before we can leave.  In either event we hope to be up there before the really hot weather hits as well as the crowds.  We may have to slip it a week.  Just in case look for a Lance pickup camper and two tall folks (me I'm 6-9 and my wife is 6').  Hope to see you there!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119758\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I am a old fart, over 60

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 11:37:57 pm »

Don, Canyonlands National Park is very big, it is like finding a needle in a haystack. Anyway I am going there to shoot at the Arches National Park, I will be with my daughter I am only 5'7" and my daughter is only 5'2" and we will be in a Jeep Grand Cherokee, sand color. We might run into each other, if we are there about the same time. Utah is a great place for landscape pictures.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119776\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I forgot to mention that we'd be staying in the Island In The Sky District.  We'll also be in Arches as well.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 06:30:13 am »

Don,

Just a candid question. Don't you have problems using the Kodak and P30 backs to shoot landscape because of the lack of wide angle capability?

Regards,
Bernard

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 10:32:00 am »

Don,

Just a candid question. Don't you have problems using the Kodak and P30 backs to shoot landscape because of the lack of wide angle capability?

Regards,
Bernard
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119795\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Bernard, Very good question.  I live and shoot in the West, wide open spaces.  I have a 35mm, 80mm, 150, 210 and 300mm lens and I use them all in landscape.  I like big closeup images of the landscape and will take anywhere from 2 to 15 images and stitch them together to produce what I see.  So far no problems.  I have a good friend who is a commericial/wedding photographer who till he met me thought that you needed wide angle only to shoot landscape.  Don't misunderstand me, wide angles have their uses.  We did a couple days in Page shooting slot canyons and Horseshoe Bend where the wider the better.  

I've only been shooting MF for a short period - I still have my 1Ds II which I'll continue to use as the situation demands which will more than likley be wildlife.  I'm on my way to Moab and will take only the Mamiya.

I'd have say that I have yet to have any problems with wide angle.  T/S may pose a different problem but that will be for another post.

Cheers

Don

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 02:57:16 am »

Bernard, Very good question.  I live and shoot in the West, wide open spaces.  I have a 35mm, 80mm, 150, 210 and 300mm lens and I use them all in landscape.  I like big closeup images of the landscape and will take anywhere from 2 to 15 images and stitch them together to produce what I see. 
Don
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119820\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Don,

Thanks for the answer.

OK, so you do stitch. Now I understand.

I actually do the same with my ZD.

Cheers,
Bernard

narikin

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 06:48:23 pm »

can someone also walk me through this, as the Phase help file is rather vague.

all I want to do is add my name as copyright to every raw file I have, not erase the existing date/ metadata.

I go to Connections and IPTC, add my name to copyright field, then ? select all or ?

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 07:16:46 pm »

can someone also walk me through this, as the Phase help file is rather vague.

all I want to do is add my name as copyright to every raw file I have, not erase the existing date/ metadata.

I go to Connections and IPTC, add my name to copyright field, then ? select all or ?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=120036\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Go to File - then Preferences.  In Preferences you'll see a multi tabbed screen.  The first screen is Process Setting - look about 1/2 down this screen and you'll see the copyright info.  Fill this in making sure you also click the box to include capture information in Tiff Caption and the box for Meta data.  Click OK and there you have it!

No if someone can please tell me how to fill in the Owners Name in the Metadata....
Pages: [1]   Go Up