Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A good quality laser printer?  (Read 2348 times)

Rhonda Taylor

A good quality laser printer?
« on: May 26, 2007, 06:25:00 am »

Looking for laser printer having good printing quality? If anybody found then tell me.

roskav

• http://www.roskavanagh.com
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 07:06:56 am »

Hello Rhonda

I've been using a Lexmark C510 for printing booklet cd covers ... nice and small with good quality at outset .. inevitably though the quality starts to degrade .. and no amount of lens cleaning or cartrige replacement helps this ... I'm going to upgrade to an epson next week.

AcuLaser C3800DTN
A4, 20ppmCol/25ppmMono, 10/100BaseTX, 128MB, Duplex, 550 Sheet Cassette, PS3

I'm trying to reduce the amount of times that I replace the paper ... as I print on different types  and it's a good idea to set the printer for any difference... with one tray you get quite lazy but can lead to jams. It also has a better warranty.

The big issues are ... can you calibrate the output to some degree .. and does it have an on-site warranty .. and when that's over .. are there techinicians who know the machine that you can call?
For this reason I'm ditching the lexmark as I can't get good mainteance support.... otherwise it could be perfectly satisfactory .. (and cheap to run)

Hope this helps

R

Mark Antony

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 06:06:24 am »

You can go for Compatible Samsung CLP-510D5Y Yellow Laser Toner catridge as these are easy to install cartridges provide cost-effective, reliable operation and sharp, professional results every time. Samsung laser printers are excellent choices due to high print quality, page yield and longevity printers. You can go for planetonline.com for online shopping where products are available at cheap price as compared to other store.

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 08:51:28 am »

Looking for laser printer having good printing quality? If anybody found then tell me.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I think HP makes the best laser printers on the market.

We have an [a href=\"http://h20316.www2.hp.com/sps/us/en/catalog/modelDetails.jsp?sku=Q5959A&series=2400&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN]HP 2420dn[/url] at the studio. It's network ready, Mac friendly, has Postscript 3 emulation, duplex printing, and rated for 10,000 copies per month and prints text and graphics very fast.

At home we have an HP 1022nw which is wireless. We simply plugged it in, logged it onto our home wireless network and can send output from any of our 5 Macs anywhere in our 3-story home.

The best part about both these printers is that the software to set up the printer uses a standard web browser like Safari. Using Safari I simply enter the IP address of the printer and it accesses all the features of the printer such as when to sleep, default printing resolution, etc.
~ CB
Pages: [1]   Go Up