Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 out of ink behavior  (Read 4776 times)

marcsitkin

• marcsitkinphotography
Z3100 out of ink behavior
« on: May 25, 2007, 03:07:28 pm »

What has been your experience when printing and running out of ink on the Z3100?

We were printing a 3x8 foot print via a RIP when we ran out of PK ink. By the time we caught the ink out message, and replaced the ink, the printer refused to resume printing.

It may be that the RIP spooler timed out, and we missed it.

Wondering if people printing directly to the Z have run out of ink and lost the print?

Regards,

Marc Sitkin
Regards,
 Marc Sitkin www.digitalmomentum

Charlie B

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 03:22:41 pm »

What has been your experience when printing and running out of ink on the Z3100?

We were printing a 3x8 foot print via a RIP when we ran out of PK ink. By the time we caught the ink out message, and replaced the ink, the printer refused to resume printing.

It may be that the RIP spooler timed out, and we missed it.

Wondering if people printing directly to the Z have run out of ink and lost the print?

Regards,

Marc Sitkin
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119607\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It has happened to me. I was using the original Mac driver and either firmware version 4.2.0.2 or it's previous version.

Charlie

namartinnz

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 04:15:28 pm »

It has happened to me. I was using the original Mac driver and either firmware version 4.2.0.2 or it's previous version.

Charlie
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119610\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Same thing happened to me - printer stopped when out of ink - that's it, had to do a couple of small prints again. Worked great with my Epson 4000, why can't they do the same?

Neal
www.photorestoration.co.nz

mrichards

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 10:06:50 pm »

I just lost a huge canvas that was almost done because I ran out of LG ink.
I was monitoring this closely, went from 13ml to 6ml then to 0ml.  I was frequently updating the status to see a gradual ink decrease, not the case.  2 abrubt steps and I was out of LG ink.  I could hear it towards the end, it was trying to pump more ink and pausing and I was saying "come on! just a few more passes!".  Anyways, live and learn.  Either the printer consumes "shots" of ink or the ink status update is pretty coarse.  

HP, you have to fix this somehow so that a large print does not get lost.
What's the rule, any inks below 10ml get changed just to be safe?

Cheers,
Mark.

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 02:32:03 am »

I just lost a huge canvas that was almost done because I ran out of LG ink.
I was monitoring this closely, went from 13ml to 6ml then to 0ml.  I was frequently updating the status to see a gradual ink decrease, not the case.  2 abrubt steps and I was out of LG ink.  I could hear it towards the end, it was trying to pump more ink and pausing and I was saying "come on! just a few more passes!".  Anyways, live and learn.  Either the printer consumes "shots" of ink or the ink status update is pretty coarse. 

HP, you have to fix this somehow so that a large print does not get lost.
What's the rule, any inks below 10ml get changed just to be safe?

Cheers,
Mark.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=123055\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Agree completely. I said this many times, it's just something that has to be acceptable. Even if there may be a difference ever so slight in density, the fact is on a big print you don't want to waste it or your time to respool/reprint. Maybe it is something about the spooled file on the hard disc? I don't know but it is unacceptable in this state.
Pages: [1]   Go Up