Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P25+  (Read 4284 times)

jeff_singer

• Jeff Singer Photography
P25+
« on: May 25, 2007, 12:07:42 pm »

Nobody has received their P25+ yet?  Mine just came in but I won't be able to take delivery for a week or so.  Anybody have any opinions of the P25+?

Jeff
jeff singer | photography
[url=http://je

jeff_singer

P25+
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 08:47:29 pm »

Well, since nobody else is saying anything I guess I will since I just received my P25+ today.  I just did a couple test shots with my assistant to see the difference in the different ISOs and color.  All I did was open the raw files in C1 Pro, set the color balance to Daylight, set the ICC profile to the "Outdoor Daylight" for each respective back and process the file.  I did no other color adjustments.

Here is the caveat on the images...  I switched mounts when I upgraded so the P25 was shot with a Hasselblad V system while the P25+ was shot with a Contax.

These are the ISO 400 sample.

It looks like the color is a lot better on the + and the noise is much less on the + at 400.

Jeff

Nobody has received their P25+ yet?  Mine just came in but I won't be able to take delivery for a week or so.  Anybody have any opinions of the P25+?

Jeff

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119564\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

jeff_singer

P25+
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 09:09:19 pm »

nicolaasdb

• http://
P25+
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 09:25:15 pm »

night and day difference between first and second link...I guess and hope for you the second link is the new camera!

How is the speed improvement?

michaelprince

P25+
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 11:11:16 am »

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for posting those. Have you happened to try out the 800 by
any chance?

Regards,

michael

awofinden

P25+
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 11:43:21 am »

I noticed that the plus back image is quite soft, could you tell us the reason for this. Hopefully its just camera shake or lens wide open or something funny like that. Otherwise it makes me wonder if this improvement in noise is just a more aggresive noise reduction algorithm in the software at the ususall expense of sharpness? Anyone else got any side by side comparissons that show a similar sharpness. That test is quite disconcerting to me.

RicAgu

P25+
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 12:04:02 pm »

Jeff,

I think the reason no one has posted is because no one had one. Thanks for loading the images, the coor does look great but it does look a bit soft.

On the Contax are using your Hassy V lenses or are you shooting through contax lenses?

I have a P25 on an H1 and use V lenses sometimes with the adapter, but I have come to terms with shooting at 100.

I look forward to seing P30+ files at 400.

Again, thanks for posting and sharing your experience.  How do you like your Contax set up?  Did you keep all your Hassy V lenses and get the adapter?

jeff_singer

P25+
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 02:41:24 pm »

Well, the softness is probably a testament to my complete incompetence when it comes to focusing.  These were also taken with different lenses... the Contax had Contax lenses.  I had the Contax set to f2 while the Hasselblad was set to f2.8.

As for the fact that the + image is slightly OOF and effecting the "smoothness" of the file, I don't think that is relevant.  I'm actually looking at the OOF areas when comparing the "noise/grain" anyway.  The + is significantly less noisy.  Weather that is accomplished by noise reduction or something else I can't say.

My opinion is that the + is now more than useable at 400 whereas before I only used 400 if I absolutely had to.

I also did the same shot at 800.  I just didn't want to upload more high res files.  I've attached a 100% crop of the eyeball from the ISO 800 shot here.  This is just the Contax P25+ version.  Heck, it looks sharper and less noisy than the ISO 400 shot!

Jeff

I noticed that the plus back image is quite soft, could you tell us the reason for this. Hopefully its just camera shake or lens wide open or something funny like that. Otherwise it makes me wonder if this improvement in noise is just a more aggresive noise reduction algorithm in the software at the ususall expense of sharpness? Anyone else got any side by side comparissons that show a similar sharpness. That test is quite disconcerting to me.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=120644\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 02:48:04 pm by jeff_singer »

RicAgu

P25+
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 08:16:43 pm »

Jeff,

Thanks for your uploads. The + series is certainly a big improvement from the regular P25.  I can't even imagine what the P30+ will do.

It looks like the $5k upgrade path to a + series is worth it.

Enjoy
Pages: [1]   Go Up