Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this how it is supposed to work?  (Read 2105 times)

Henry Goh

Is this how it is supposed to work?
« on: May 24, 2007, 07:13:59 pm »

I have just finished using Thomas Fors' ACR calibrator to calibrate my CS2 ACR.  I read that I can then copy the settings over to LR.  I did that and save a preset under a new name.  Brought a raw file into LR and tested the color changes.  Looked good.  Then I switch the preset to LR's default and found that the new calibrated settings remained.  I then chose another standard preset and those settings are gone, obviously.  Switched back to LR's default preset and it still retains the just selected preset' settings.

In other words, the default preset seems to always remember the last values.

Is this how it is supposed to work? or is this some bug?

Thanks.

Henry

seanmcfoto

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 12:52:11 pm »

Not all presets affect all settings. This is why it makes no difference adding the Default preset, it probably doesn't have a Camera Calibration section in it.
Sean McCormack
[url=http://lightroom.sea

paulbk

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 04:43:59 pm »

Thomas Fors' ACR calibrator may improve your raw conversion color control. My view, not likely. Chances are less than 50/50 and not worth the time and trouble.

I've run it many times with mixed results. Seems very subtle changes in lighting on the color checker make large changes (and often bazaar) in the "calibration corrections."

my 2 cents.

p
paul b.k.
New England, USA

Henry Goh

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 10:25:49 pm »

Thank you guys.

Henry
Pages: [1]   Go Up