Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loss of details while converting RAW file  (Read 1401 times)

cookielida

• http://
Loss of details while converting RAW file
« on: May 24, 2007, 05:51:58 pm »

Hey All!
OK, so I was working on new files in my regular way, passing through the RawShooter premium and preparing 16-bit TIFF files for further processing in PS CS2. Cool.
But, then I noticed that for some reason the shot was fuzzy in a particular part which was suppose to be sharp (was my focusing point). At first I was sure I have a miss focus issue (and I wasn't too happy about this option at all!) and I moved to examine the same frame on the RawShooter, and get this - the shot on the Rawshooter was sharper (to a certain extent - it wasn't a day/night difference).
In the attached file you going to see my screen shot of the TIFF file (left) aligned next to the screenshot of the frame in the Raw converter pasted into a new file in PS (right side). As you can quite clearly see, there is a certain amount of difference between the two.
Now, maybe I missed something here, but am I not suppose to get WYSIWYG thing with Raw converters??
10x for the help!
Chen
PS - I have passed the file through ACR of PSCS2, however, there are the automatic configs which states a value of 25 in the sharpness - zeroing this part leads to an even fuzzier picture than the TIFF file!
Pages: [1]   Go Up