Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how do you import subfolders with folders  (Read 2762 times)

sanjja

how do you import subfolders with folders
« on: May 24, 2007, 02:09:30 pm »

hi!  when I import a folder into lightroom, (1) all images in the folder, including images from its subfolders, are imported, but (2) the subfolders themselves are not imported.  As a result, the organizational benefits of having the subfolders is lost.  Am I missing something simple?  Is there an easy way to move the subfolders themselves in, so the initial organization of the images -- i.e., subfolders within folders -- is maintained?  Thanks --

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 02:34:12 pm »

To the best of my knowledge, Lightroom doesn't work that way.  Images are organized by collections, keywords, etc. but not in a folder structure.  Lightroom is a database program at its heart, and so you have to think in those terms to use it best.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

reissme

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 02:53:04 pm »

hi!  when I import a folder into lightroom, (1) all images in the folder, including images from its subfolders, are imported, but (2) the subfolders themselves are not imported.  As a result, the organizational benefits of having the subfolders is lost.  Am I missing something simple?  Is there an easy way to move the subfolders themselves in, so the initial organization of the images -- i.e., subfolders within folders -- is maintained?  Thanks --
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119421\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
 The initial organization of the images in folders and subfolders is there. Try to look in library status on the left side, go to folders and you will see the folder you need, by clicking on the small triangle you will be able to see the sub folder and the number of images it contains will appear on the film stip and on the grid view.
Menachem    Reiss www.reiss.co.il

sanjja

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 03:03:52 pm »

So simple.  Thanks!  You've restored my faith in Lightroom.  ;<)

fotovandenatuur

• http://www.fotovandenatuur.nl
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 08:36:36 am »

Antother method of quickly importing a directory is via Windows Explorer. Just drag the file into lightroom and it will start the import dialogue. I think that subfolders are also put in then.

Rob

www.fotovandenatuur.nl

hi!  when I import a folder into lightroom, (1) all images in the folder, including images from its subfolders, are imported, but (2) the subfolders themselves are not imported.  As a result, the organizational benefits of having the subfolders is lost.  Am I missing something simple?  Is there an easy way to move the subfolders themselves in, so the initial organization of the images -- i.e., subfolders within folders -- is maintained?  Thanks --
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119421\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up