Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS3 not holding up in real world of production  (Read 11915 times)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
CS3 not holding up in real world of production
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2007, 12:48:35 pm »

The guy did ask a question, regarding bugs.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If THAT was all he wanted...then here:

[a href=\"http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform]Feature Request/Bug Report Form[/url]

But, I'm pretty sure that's not what he wanted...ya know?

Pete JF

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2007, 12:57:38 pm »

No, I don't know.

This forum is one of many places to ask questions. He mentioned your name in a query and you suggested he was a fool and then drove the point home further in your last post. Totally South of useful, as you like to say.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2007, 01:16:07 pm »

Jeff, you are a classic, condescending, asswipe. I feel sorry for you.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119571\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think this kind of personal attack is OFF THE WALL, and has no place here. You can't assault some-one's integrity because they have a different take on a problem than you do. Readers of my posts will know that I don't necessarily subscribe to all of Jeff's positions on this matter, but I understand where he is coming from regardless of whether or not I agree with his conclusions. So we just leave it at that.  

The original poster appears to have left in disgust, but just in case he is still lurking in the shadows, let me tell him this: my computing environment is similar but not identical to his. I sit here day-in, day-out processing images in CS3 and it has been totally stable and totally reliable from the get-go. To the poster who said the code is FUBAR - this is also completely OVER THE TOP. All you do is discredit yourself making such outlandish statements. This program, with all its new features, especially ACR4, is beautiful.

I'm not saying this to pooh-pooh the fact you have a problem, but only to underline the possibility that the source of the instability you are experiencing may not necessarily be an Adobe issue and may not necessarily be generally reproducible so as to have been pre-detected in product testing. CS3 has code that CS2 didn't have so this is a possibility. As readers of my previous posts will know, I am very insistent on the issue of maintaining previously achieved functionality and not releasing software prematurely. So my response on the Print Module issues is not the same as it is here, because on that one I remain convinced it could have been better engineered all the circumstances Jeff described notwithstanding. That one was a very testable, detectable and therefore predictable problem well before commercial release. The problem you raise may be one of those that was less predictable and therefore less preventable.

Despite all of this, I have been using CS3 from the day after it shipped, but I still have CS2 installed on my computer. I use Bridge 1.01 for image viewing and sorting because it works better, and I use CS2 for printing. For all else I use CS3. Except for an O/S up-grade where there is no choice, I NEVER uninstall previous versions of software until at least several months goes by and I am totally and unabiguously convinced there is no possible value-added maintaining the old one. Maybe that makes me "uber-anal" but it also keeps me "uber-safe" and on that matter Jeff and Andrew have a point.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Pete JF

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2007, 01:26:43 pm »

It's not off the wall. What is off the wall is the way Jeff Schewe treats people. His first reply was what was "off the wall", Mark. His last post to the thread starter was just an example of a creep who's trying to grind someone into dust...typical bullying mentality. What I said was nowhere near "off the wall", it was appropriate. Integrity? I don't think Jeff Schewe knows what the word means.

If you don't see this then you are not reading.

Seriously, Schewe does this all the time, everywhere...are you wearing blinders? At some point it needs to be said, the guy (Schewe) is an asswipe, and is obviously hashing out some bitter roots in the most cowardly way..on the internet, laughable and pathetic. Like I said, I feel sorry for him.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 01:29:54 pm by Pete JF »

Schewe

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2007, 01:31:05 pm »

I use Bridge 1.01 for image viewing and sorting because it works better
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119585\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think you mean you are using Bridge 1.0.4 Mark...don't forget it took Adobe four whacks at it to get it stable. And, again, I suspect (read between the lines) there _WILL_ be a Bridge 2 update before the end of the quarter...which ends Thursday, May 31st (which also happens to be a full moon-I wonder what THAT means?)

:~)

Schewe

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2007, 01:35:32 pm »

and is obviously hashing out some bitter roots in the most cowardly way..on the internet, laughable and pathetic.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119588\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Since I really don't know what an "asswipe" is, I'll let that pass...

I may be a lot of things but "cowardly" is not one of them. If we ever meet face to face, I would treat you in the EXACT SAME METHOD as I would treat you online. You can call me whatever you want bud, your opinion of me is little importance to me. But don't call me a coward...because I'm not.

Pete JF

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2007, 01:36:54 pm »

Also, Mark, what about assaulting someone's integrity when they post a query?...is it proper to call them a fool, for no apparent reason? That, to me, is the same type of assault.

Maybe you are reading only what you want to read.

Pete JF

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2007, 01:45:02 pm »

Ok Jeff, after reading that, I can only say that you really are a fool. I've seen you say that many times...on the INTERNET. You sit at your computer and bully people and try to make them feel stupid, it's obvious to just about everyone. That, is cowardly behavior.

I could give leap that you are aware of the fact that you are a jerk in real life too.

No big secret really, Assistants from the mid 80's, in Chicago, were painfully aware of this fact. It was a standing warning in the bars in River North where the crews gathered for drinks after work..."don't bother going to see him, he's a #%&*^%$."
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 02:05:30 pm by Pete JF »

tived

• http://
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2007, 02:15:33 pm »

wow this is better then the Springer show!

Guys calm down!

so the software needs a little TLC, don't we all at time :-)

what is the solution to the problem with the current version of bridge in CS3? an update or ?

Henrik

PS is a 3Ghz PC not good enough for CS3 or does it have to be a Mac <evil smile>

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2007, 02:15:33 pm »

I think you mean you are using Bridge 1.0.4 Mark...don't forget it took Adobe four whacks at it to get it stable. And, again, I suspect (read between the lines) there _WILL_ be a Bridge 2 update before the end of the quarter...which ends Thursday, May 31st (which also happens to be a full moon-I wonder what THAT means?)

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119590\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yup- most likely is 1.0.4.

I hope the forthcoming release of Bridge 2 up-date will solve the disappearing Bridge problem - you know - you can open it once, then when you get out of it and try to open it again, nothing happens unless you restart the computer or wipe it from running processes and applications (apparently the source of the problem is that it hangs-on even if you thought you closed it). This is a repeatable and known problem by now - I've had it twice, and many other users too, evidence from discussion on Adobe Photoshop Windows (I almost typed Widows) Forum. That, and the reverse ordering of labelled versus non-labelled icons are the two issues I've had with the new Bridge. The former is a big PITA, the latter a smaller one. We'll see what comes..........

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2007, 02:21:19 pm »

It's not off the wall. What is off the wall is the way Jeff Schewe treats people. His first reply was what was "off the wall", Mark. His last post to the thread starter was just an example of a creep who's trying to grind someone into dust...typical bullying mentality. What I said was nowhere near "off the wall", it was appropriate. Integrity? I don't think Jeff Schewe knows what the word means.

If you don't see this then you are not reading.

Seriously, Schewe does this all the time, everywhere...are you wearing blinders? At some point it needs to be said, the guy (Schewe) is an asswipe, and is obviously hashing out some bitter roots in the most cowardly way..on the internet, laughable and pathetic. Like I said, I feel sorry for him.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119588\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Please don't tell me I'm not reading or not seeing - you don't have a clue ..........

Much as insinuating that someone is a fool (I would have said "silly") isn't the best of manners, two wrongs don't make a right, and the word "fool",  though unfortunate, isn't nearly as foul as the language that followed it.

You are a relative newcomer to this site, and I must advise from one member to another that we are not accustomed to and have very little tolerance for this kind of gutter talk.

michael

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2007, 02:37:55 pm »

OK folks, time to call it a day.

This thread is closed. Start a new one about CS3 if you like, but everyone needs to leave the insults behind.

Michael
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up