Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mp4 to DVD converter  (Read 23662 times)

TomN

• http://www.tnphoto.ca
mp4 to DVD converter
« on: May 23, 2007, 01:50:18 pm »

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a free piece of software that would convert the mp4 video downloads to something like mpg or avi that I could burn onto a DVD. I use Nero 6 "Express Vision"? to burn DVD's and it doesn't recognize the mp4 file format.

Alter Nereus

mp4 to DVD converter
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 11:45:11 am »

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a free piece of software that would convert the mp4 video downloads to something like mpg or avi that I could burn onto a DVD. I use Nero 6 "Express Vision"? to burn DVD's and it doesn't recognize the mp4 file format.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119219\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Have you up to date with your updates? I have no problems backing them up to DVD.

reyn_two

mp4 to DVD converter
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 01:40:04 pm »

Hi,

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Try [a href=\"http://www.dvdflick.net/]dvdflick[/url]
works ok for me.
Frank

DarkPenguin

mp4 to DVD converter
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 04:58:08 pm »

Try dvdflick
works ok for me.
Frank
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119413\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That worked like not at all.  (Well, it hosed the audio.)  What settings did you use?

KeithR

mp4 to DVD converter
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 05:37:40 pm »

DP,
What happened to the SW from AoA - DVD Creator that you mentioned in a similar post from April? Your reply about using it for burning a dvd from a download from LL(I'm assuming the LR tutorial)
"Worked peachy. Haven't tried it in my dvd player yet but works fine on the PC.
Roxio choked completely." I have not tried it yet, but it supposedly would work with .mov files(the LR tutorial) and .mp4 files(LLVJ#16)in burning DVD's. Is this not the case?

That worked like not at all.  (Well, it hosed the audio.)  What settings did you use?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=120022\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 09:15:14 pm by Chrissand »
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

DarkPenguin

mp4 to DVD converter
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 05:59:49 pm »

I was using the demo of that.  In the meantime this piece of free software was mentioned.  If it works I much prefer free.  If it doesn't work I'll likely buy the other stuff.  (It worked fine.)

KeithR

mp4 to DVD converter
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 06:23:30 pm »

So I take it that the AoA sw worked(by virtue of the April post) and that the freewear of the later posts didn't work? Is this correct? If so, isn't this a perfect example of "you get what you pay for"?  

I was using the demo of that.  In the meantime this piece of free software was mentioned.  If it works I much prefer free.  If it doesn't work I'll likely buy the other stuff.  (It worked fine.)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=120029\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 09:16:23 pm by Chrissand »

DarkPenguin

mp4 to DVD converter
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 09:19:14 pm »

Yep.  I'm going to try it again on all the defaults.  (I wanted a DL disk.)  If that doesn't work than I think a sale will be made.

KeithR

mp4 to DVD converter
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 09:55:48 am »

Yep.  I'm going to try it again on all the defaults.  (I wanted a DL disk.)  If that doesn't work than I think a sale will be made.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=120054\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Let us know how it goes!

reyn_two

mp4 to DVD converter
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 12:13:43 pm »

I have to eat a bit of crow here    , I tried DvdFlick on the demonstation file sample file
and it worked fine, thinking that the LLV vol 16 files would be the same I recommended it's use. I have now downloaded vol16 and I get the same audio error as DP.
I'm not giving up just yet I have left a bug report on the dvdflick forum and have split 4 meg off the intro file to test. Sorry for the erroneous report but I will let you know if I get a response.
To Chris - have the file formats changed between the sample and the latest LLJ?
Also the mp4 seem to be at 18 FPS is that a standard setting?

Frank
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 03:01:59 pm by reyn_two »

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
mp4 to DVD converter
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 04:14:34 pm »

Keith:

I haven't found a single free app (yet) that:

1) Converts source .mov or .mp4 content to .mp2
2) Creates the directory structure, directory and binary content files required by the DVD format

Of course there *are * free utilities that will do each individual step, in particular I found the file format conversion part of the process to be extremely variable in quality.  AoA seems to do a good job on both, and of course, is very easy to use.

-john
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 04:15:24 pm by Joh.Murray »

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
mp4 to DVD converter
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 10:16:57 am »

To Chris - have the file formats changed between the sample and the latest LLJ?
Also the mp4 seem to be at 18 FPS is that a standard setting?[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=120124\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes, you are correct. Based on user feedback, I have changed settings several times since we started providing download video. I have settled so far ...  subject to improvement at any time    ... on MP4 files at 1100/1200kbs, 640 x 360, 24fps

CS

nicb1977

mp4 to DVD converter
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 12:02:59 pm »

You also can try to use VideoCharge for it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up