Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Colorburst RIP is not compatible with i1 Photo?  (Read 4779 times)

santodx5

Colorburst RIP is not compatible with i1 Photo?
« on: May 23, 2007, 04:03:41 am »

Hi,  

I have Epson 3800 and I just tried the trial version of colorburst RIP. In output setting I cant not select my custom paper profile that I created with Eye One Photo.

Does I have to use spectraVision Pro to create a paper profile to use with RIP.

If YES, how come SpectraVision Pro listed Eye One Photo for linearization but NOT profiling?

Is there any way I can use custom paper profile with RIP?

Thank,
Dan Santoso
Dansantoso.zenfolio.com

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 09:03:53 am »

Sorry, not a direct answer to your question, but you might want to try the ColorBurst RIP forums on their support site. The ColorBurst folks tend to help out there and may be able to help you ...
Eric Chan

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 09:24:53 am »

Is your EyeOne a UV Cut modle? It has to be for their products.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

TylerB

• my photography
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 12:29:28 pm »

I'll assume the Colorburst is a CMYK "driver" like most RIPs, without personal experience. Given that, the most obvious problem would be that EyeOne Photo makes RGB profiles, and the RIP will only allow CMYK profiles to be selected. The RIP may very well be able to interact with the EyeOne device for linearization or even perhaps making it's own profiles (CMYK), but an RGB profile built with "Photo", or any other software, will probably not be selectable or usable in the RIP.
Hope that makes sense.

Alternately, there were some bundled versions of the Colorburst RIP that did not allow custom profiles to be selected at all.

Tyler

Hi,   
I have Epson 3800 and I just tried the trial version of colorburst RIP. In output setting I cant not select my custom paper profile that I created with Eye One Photo.

If YES, how come SpectraVision Pro listed Eye One Photo for linearization but NOT profiling?

Thank,
Dan Santoso
Dansantoso.zenfolio.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119136\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

colinm

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 02:00:36 pm »

SpectralVision will profile using Gretag devices; the documentation is out of sync with reality (and has been for over a year).

To clarify what Andrew mentioned, you don't have to use a UV cut filter if (1) you're generating your own profiles through SpectralVision and (2) you're using papers with little or no OBA content. An unfiltered Eye-One simply can't be used to linearize the canned profiles properly, and will yield inaccurate results with heavily-brightened papers (since SpectralVision doesn't offer software brightener correction).

If all you ever print on is fine art paper, and you don't mind making your own profiles, the UV filter issue may not impact your workflow.
Colin

santodx5

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 10:09:56 pm »

Yes, someone told me to use CMYK paper profile if I want to use with Colorburst. I have never make a CMYK paper profile.

How can you make it? what software and tool? Does i1 photo support CMYK?

thanks,
Dan

Scott Martin

• Onsight
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 10:07:57 am »

ColorBurst will only let you load CMYK profiles - I'm guessing the one you made was RGB.

No you don't. I make my inkjet profiles with MonacoProfiler and import then into ColorBurst and other RIPs. I would encourage you to use SpectralVision over i1Match as the SV profiles are better.

All versions of the EyeOne Pro (UVcut and non-UV) are now supported for both functions with the latest version that's available as a free download.

Absolutely, they just have to be in the appropriate color space. It's also worth mentioning that the lite version of ColorBurst that comes with Epson Pro printers doesn't support custom calibration and profiling like the full version does.
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up