Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: James Russell ?  (Read 15962 times)

michael

James Russell ?
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2007, 07:12:30 am »

Ok, you win. This is not a "free and open forum". It is a dictatorship – mine.

It happens to be a mostly benign dictatorship (I sometimes don't even read the forums for days or weeks), but don't suffer any illusions as to its true nature. I pay the bills, and therefore decide whether to turn the lights on each morning.

As for my not banning you because I would find it such a loss – well, thanks for the chuckle.

Let's close this chapter. If you are unhappy, simply move along. You can't win this debate.

On the other hand, if you feel you have something worthwhile to contribute here, then do so, but only on matters relating to photograpy.

Michael

Michael

This is not your house.  And if it is your position that you can arbitrarily regulate what people say based on your mood of the day, you should not pretend to run a free and open forum.

Anyway, you pulled my post not because it was rude but because it pointed out facts about your positions on a variety of subjects that was not flattering to your image.

The reason you do not ban me is because it would certainly be a greater loss to you than to me. 

And, my is not Bob; it is Babak.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119337\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Boghb

James Russell ?
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2007, 08:53:58 am »

Lets just say responding to me was probably the first thing you did this morning.  In fact, you seem to feel compelled to respond to just about all my posts (well,  those you do not delete)!

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
James Russell ?
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2007, 09:00:43 am »

How much longer before we put this to bed?

BlasR

• http://BMRWorldPhotos.com
James Russell ?
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2007, 09:14:23 am »

BABAK,
You may be spending far too many of your present moments in efforts to win the appoval of others, or in being concerned with some disapproval that you have encountered. If approval has become a need in your life, then you have some work to do.
You can begin by understanding that appoval-seeking is a desire rather than a necessity.

do you have anything to say about photography?
I like to know if you do,,
if you don't why you just don't lets it rest ?

Back to medium format,,

anyone with p45+ for H1/2?

Thank You
BlasR
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 09:30:21 am by BlasR »
BlasR
  [url=http://www.BMRWORLDPHOTOS.CO

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
James Russell ?
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2007, 09:24:21 am »

BlasR - I tried out the P45 with my Mamiya 645 but decided on the P30.  Got word yesterday that my loaner was being shipped - it should be here later today...Oh Happy Day

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
James Russell ?
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2007, 09:25:13 am »

is this topic really worth its 24 "Replies" and its 1829+ "Views"?

I don't think so.

like many are wishing it here: let's move on to more serious (and more funny) things.

Thierry
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Henry Goh

James Russell ?
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2007, 09:29:27 am »

is this topic really worth its 24 "Replies" and its 1829+ "Views"?

I don't think so.

like many are wishing it here: let's move on to more serious (and more funny) things.

Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119360\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi Thiery,

Does Sinar have a forum where non-owners can visit and perhaps get a good idea of its products?

Henry
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 09:29:54 am by Henry Goh »

thsinar

James Russell ?
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2007, 09:40:58 am »

Dear Henry,

nothing such for non-members is yet existing, but we are discussing all options and possibilities, also yours. However, I don't think that it will be tomorrow, when you wake up!

Best regards,
Thierry

Hi Thiery,

Does Sinar have a forum where non-owners can visit and perhaps get a good idea of its products?

Henry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119362\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Henry Goh

James Russell ?
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2007, 09:57:58 am »

Dear Henry,

nothing such for non-members is yet existing, but we are discussing all options and possibilities, also yours. However, I don't think that it will be tomorrow, when you wake up!

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119366\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Kop-khun

thsinar

James Russell ?
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2007, 09:59:57 am »

Krab!

Kop-khun
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119371\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Boghb

James Russell ?
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2007, 10:07:41 am »

Thierry

You are a salesman -- not an artist -- and I do understand your being only interested in the commercial and technical aspects of the craft.  

I do not begrudge your using this forum for your commercial promotional purposes, and you should not begrudge others for using it to express a non-technical opinion related to photography.

There is much more to photography than selling cameras and talking about their bells and whistles.

Anyway, if you are bored with this thread, please feel free to click on another one.

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
James Russell ?
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2007, 10:14:44 am »

I agree with Thierry that we should move on to something a little more light hearted and funny .  Can we start another thread and post some photo-releated jokes?  I'm sure there is something out there like.... a priest, a phototgrapher and a rabbi go into a bar...

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration
www.captureintegration.com

thsinar

James Russell ?
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2007, 10:21:14 am »

Dear ?

Please be informed that my participation here on this forum is my own and sole decision, without my management asking me to do so, nor with any censorship or "guidances" in answering.
I am here on my free will and because I wish primarely to share and help others, Sinar users  for sure, but as well others.

BTW: I am a photographer (may be not a artist), not a sales person at all. I have not even a bit of a sales instruction in my career. But yes, I am interested in the technical aspect of photography, right.

But I do not wish to be involved in such fruitless discussions and being "treated" as a one promoting "his" products here. I think I do not need to hear this, nor to read it, I am far too "old" for such games. I wish this to be clear for you.

As for my opinion about this topic: it is not that it is boring, but you should see and understand that many, if not the majority here, wish to speak about photography, not to fight and bash around.

Thanks for your understanding and best regards,
Thierry

Thierry

You are a salesman -- not an artist -- and I do understand your being only interested in the commercial and technical aspects of the craft. 

I do not begrudge your using this forum for your commercial promotional purposes, and you should not begrudge others for using it to express a non-technical opinion related to photography.

There is much more to photography than selling cameras and talking about their bells and whistles.

Anyway, if you are bored with this thread, please feel free to click on another one.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119373\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
James Russell ?
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2007, 11:16:07 am »

Okay Chris I can hardly wait for the punch line....

We need to post an image and come up with a caption!

Don

Boghb

James Russell ?
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2007, 11:23:37 am »

If I am not mistaken, Thierry's original post lamented the large number of vistors and contributors to this thread.  This contradicts his claim that a majority in this forum wants to move on to something more "funny".  

In fact, the threads that discuss controversial social issued related to photography often generate the greatest interest here.

The people wanting to move on seem to be the ones with something to sell.

william

James Russell ?
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2007, 11:31:42 am »

I think you're wrong.  I have nothing to sell and am very interested in moving on.  Could you please just drop it?  Or, at a minimum, drop it in THIS part of the forums (entitled Medium Format Digital).  That shouldn't be an unreasonable requet, as there are other places, on this site and elsewhere, where you can fume about this.

If I am not mistaken, Thierry's original post lamented the large number of vistors and contributors to this thread.  This contradicts his claim that a majority in this forum wants to move on to something more "funny". 

In fact, the threads that discuss controversial social issued related to photography often generate the greatest interest here.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119387\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
James Russell ?
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2007, 11:33:01 am »

If I am not mistaken, Thierry's original post lamented the large number of vistors and contributors to this thread.  This contradicts his claim that a majority in this forum wants to move on to something more "funny". 

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119387\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I want to move on. I suspect there are so many viewings because people are interested to see how far off topic you can go, how far you'll push Michaels buttons until you either get banned or go away. Its a bit like a cockfight or those who slow down when they see a nasty accident on the freeway.

Even if you're right that controversial issues generate the greatest interest, after awhile, we have to agree to disagree and move on. We're WAY PAST that point with this topic.

I'll have to re-read all the threads again more closely, I don't recall seeing anyone selling anything.

Lastly, I don't you think your post "You are a salesman -- not an artist" was a bit out of line?  

Oh, this will be my last post in this thread. Its been many a year since I shot a medium format digital back (not that I wouldn’t love to do so again).
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
James Russell ?
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2007, 11:46:53 am »

its funny, how a pseudo-moralic debate about an image ( or even not about the image... about the title ! ) is abused by people to blame others and to demonstrate moralic "cleanness", which i.m.o. is not only in a hi-level  dishonest its also ridiculous. doesnt matter who is doing this and how known or unknown his name.

congrats to michael and how he handles this awkward discussion about his shot ( i like it,- its a great shot ) and about his style here in LL ( which i like also- therefore i am here ).
i am reallly not sure if i could stand a debate like this ith similar consequence and liberality, as he is doing here. five stars michael from my side michael.

congrats also to thierry how he is acting here in such a polite way, avoiding to be involved in blaming and also ridiculous discussions as that comments above about not beein an "artist". ridiculous comment. as several of your posts before too, babak.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 11:48:42 am by rehnniar »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

michael

James Russell ?
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2007, 12:12:37 pm »

Just so there is no misunderstanding, as a result of Boghb's last post he has been banned.

Some people simply don't know how to quit when they're ahead.