Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinarback eVolution 75 H / eMotion 75 LV  (Read 11798 times)

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Sinarback eVolution 75 H / eMotion 75 LV
« on: May 22, 2007, 11:54:35 pm »

Dear All, FYI:

please be informed that the Sinarbacks eVolution 75 H (33 MPx multishot) and the eMotion 75 LV (new 33 MPx single-shot with Live Video) have started shipping yesterday.

The Sinarback eMotion 54 LV (new 22 MPx single-shot) will be available in a few days.

Best regards,
Thierry
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

PdF

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 04:05:14 pm »

So, do you think that a live-video could exist with a multi-shoot system (except with an additional Mac)?

PdF, Brussels
PdF

BJNY

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 06:37:00 pm »

A photographer I work with as a digital technician just ordered an eMotion75 LV to fit on a Hasselblad H2.  We're hoping to have it for use on the 31st + 1st.  I will be happy to answer any questions, and report my experience.
Guillermo

thsinar

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 10:40:10 pm »

dear PdF,

The just released eVolution 75 multishot has the same Live Video function as the eMotion 75 LV.

I have tested it out this past week at the Toyota studios in Nagoya, where it was installed. The quality of this LV can of course not be compared with the one when using a LC Shutter in front of the lens, but is good enough to make focus adjustment.

I recommend to dim down the modeling light or make use of an ND filter in front of the lens.

Thierry

So, do you think that a live-video could exist with a multi-shoot system (except with an additional Mac)?

PdF, Brussels
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119620\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 10:58:33 pm by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 02:08:28 am »

I recommend to dim down the modeling light or make use of an ND filter in front of the lens.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119668\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Cant this be sorted with software !

will it intergrate properly with the HY6

ps does the Live view work on an H1

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

thsinar

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 07:14:22 am »

Dear Sam,

we are constantly working on improving, but I did not say that the LV is bad: it is just not the same as with an LC shutter, obviously.

Integration with Hy6: of course, the Live is as well available. This function is not camera dependent, but only back and software.

Best regards,
thierry

Cant this be sorted with software !

will it intergrate properly with the HY6

ps does the Live view work on an H1

S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119677\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

PdF

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 10:41:10 am »

Thierry,

Is this live-video system available on the display of the Back of the E-motion 75 ?

PdF
PdF

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 12:51:28 pm »

not the same as with an LC shutter, obviously.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119695\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nothing is 'obvious'  to me

the design process at sinar just seems to happen in a funny order from where I am sitting/standing

(which happens to be behind a camera quite a lot)

If I were building cars I would have 'wheels' in the original spec not as an upgrade 'some time in the future'

If I were designing Live View I would have 'works in light' in the original spec not as an upgrade 'some time in the future'

----

So it is bright with an H1 or an Hy6 unless you use ND or dim modelling lights

Say that again - bright with the HY6 your brand new camera

Which is very cool in front of clients who pay you to you use all this 'gucci kit'

(can I have one to review please !)    

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

ynp

• http://
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 12:55:01 pm »

Dear Thierry,
I spent yesrterday night testing a Sina
r M with an AF module and new AF lenses. The dealer demoed me a P3  setup with a CMV lense and a 54M back. I was able to see how good the Live View works with the LC shutter. Was impressed. I will send my eMotion 22 to Sinar for a LV convertion next week. Should I order an LC shutter as well, will the LC shutter be able to work on a Sinar M with an eMotion back? Will it improve the Live View?

Thank you.
Yevgeny

Quote from: thsinar,May 26 2007, 03:14 PM
Dear Sam,

we are constantly working on improving, but I did not say that the LV is bad: it is just not the same as with an LC shutter, obviously.

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 01:21:15 pm »

Nothing is 'obvious'  to me

the design process at sinar just seems to happen in a funny order from where I am sitting/standing

(which happens to be behind a camera quite a lot)

If I were building cars I would have 'wheels' in the original spec not as an upgrade 'some time in the future'

If I were designing Live View I would have 'works in light' in the original spec not as an upgrade 'some time in the future'
----

So it is bright with an H1 or an Hy6 unless you use ND or dim modelling lights

Say that again - bright with the HY6 your brand new camera

Which is very cool in front of clients who pay you to you use all this 'gucci kit'

(can I have one to review please !)   

S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119721\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Morgan:

The issue with using ND filters or dimmer modeling lights is not camera specific, nor is it digital back specific. This is not a Sinar issue. All digital backs that utilize Live Video suffer from the issue of too much light producing wide swaths of flare and other visual distortions.

It has nothing to do with Sinar or any particular camera you use it on. The Live Video, and the brightness or dimmness of it would be the same whether you were using a Hy6 or a 503CW.

The LC Shutter eliminates this issue. The downside is that it's an extra piece you have to hang off the lens. The upside is that it eliminates any flare issues and produces the best quality Live Video of any digital back without question.

Steve Hendrix
Professional Photographic Resources
www.ppratlanta.com
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 03:59:13 pm »

Actually, the Leica/Panasonic reflex and the Canon 1DIII have nice live views. The Leica/Pana can even use AF by flipping the mirror down for a quick measure, then flipping it back up. Sounds like taking a picture but is actually the reverse action

Edmund

Morgan:

The issue with using ND filters or dimmer modeling lights is not camera specific, nor is it digital back specific. This is not a Sinar issue. All digital backs that utilize Live Video suffer from the issue of too much light producing wide swaths of flare and other visual distortions.

It has nothing to do with Sinar or any particular camera you use it on. The Live Video, and the brightness or dimmness of it would be the same whether you were using a Hy6 or a 503CW.

The LC Shutter eliminates this issue. The downside is that it's an extra piece you have to hang off the lens. The upside is that it eliminates any flare issues and produces the best quality Live Video of any digital back without question.
Steve Hendrix
www.ppratlanta.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119727\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

thsinar

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 09:22:16 pm »

Thanks Steve, for your explanation!

Sam: that is excatly how described by Steve. But better you tried it out yourself and compare.

Best regards,
Thierry

Morgan:

Steve Hendrix
www.ppratlanta.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119727\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 09:45:52 pm »

Dear Yevgeny,

For the moment, the Live Image of the Sinarback eMotion will only be made without the auxiliary use of an LC Shutter, since the interface of the eMotion and the current adapter plates do not allow for this. This means that the Live Image will be made in the same way as it is done with the other Sinarbacks (Applied Smoothing Technology).

Best regards,
Thierry

Dear Thierry,
I spent yesrterday night testing a Sina
r M with an AF module and new AF lenses. The dealer demoed me a P3  setup with a CMV lense and a 54M back. I was able to see how good the Live View works with the LC shutter. Was impressed. I will send my eMotion 22 to Sinar for a LV convertion next week. Should I order an LC shutter as well, will the LC shutter be able to work on a Sinar M with an eMotion back? Will it improve the Live View?

Thank you.
Yevgeny

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119724\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

ynp

• http://
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2007, 01:10:19 pm »

Dear Thierry,
Thank you for your answer. I will test the LV as soon as I have my back converted.
Being a layman, I do not understand what "Applied Smoothing Technology" stands for...
And The Sinar web site did not help.
Thank you very much for your help here. It was great. It is so good to have you on the LL . But a lot of your customers do not follow this forum, or do not read in English. Generally we go to the manufacturer's site and seek the information there.  I think that you should advice your Swiss colleagues at sinar.ch  to share their knowledge with us, customers. Not all of us enjoy deep understanding of your product, the way they integrate. I think that we should expect to be able to download all the necessary instructions and FULL manuals (Not Quick References). I wont expect any Video tutorials from Sinar very soon, at least good and updated PDF manuals shall be OK. Great product and very bad presentation.  I am sure that a well written  paper on LC shutter and Live View technology with different Sinarbacks should be presented on the Sinar site with the announcement of eMotion LV backs.

BTW I have placed the order to buy a Sinar-M with AF lenses today.

Kind regards,
Yevgeny
Dear Yevgeny,

For the moment, the Live Image of the Sinarback eMotion will only be made without the auxiliary use of an LC Shutter, since the interface of the eMotion and the current adapter plates do not allow for this. This means that the Live Image will be made in the same way as it is done with the other Sinarbacks (Applied Smoothing Technology).

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119772\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up