Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eyelike MF scan  (Read 6222 times)

Dam-sv

Eyelike MF scan
« on: May 22, 2007, 05:21:39 pm »

Hi all

I'm new to posting here and hope to be new to MF soon also. I have oportunity to buy (for relative smal money) Eyelike MF scan (Philips ccd) , with fiber optic cable/pci interface card/software.. I will used  on Mamiya 645AFD ,most of all for art-reproduction 4/16 multi shoot. I am wondering if there are stil people using this back and if it stil is usuable.

Best regards,

Damjan

ixpressraf

Eyelike MF scan
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 05:30:15 pm »

Hi, i think it will just do fine especially because of the 4/16 shot.
I just got a sinarback 23 with the same 6mp philips ccd and it works great. Personally for shooting with a handheld camera i prefer the leaf C-most because its fire wire and very light.
However, my CF 39 and 384 serve better for most jobs     .

Nick_T

Eyelike MF scan
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 05:34:06 pm »

Hi all

I'm new to posting here and hope to be new to MF soon also. I have oportunity to buy (for relative smal money) Eyelike MF scan (Philips ccd) , with fiber optic cable/pci interface card/software.. I will used  on Mamiya 645AFD ,most of all for art-reproduction 4/16 multi shoot. I am wondering if there are stil people using this back and if it stil is usuable.

Best regards,

Damjan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119053\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I too have an old 6MP philips chipped back (Imacon 3020) and the files are very very good. Will the mirror on the mamiya lockup and stay up for the duration of a 16 shot? I ask because a 16 shot capture is very sensitive to vibration. For 16 shot captures I used to use a DigiflexII because of it's very low mirror slap before I moved to H-system (the mirror stays up).
Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

ixpressraf

Eyelike MF scan
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 05:42:24 pm »

The digiflexII is a very nice piece of equipment. I had two but sold them together with my PC nikkor lenses ( 28/35/85pc) and felt real bad after doing so. Last sunday I had the chance to buy a Digiflex 1 together with the Sinar 23 with the same ccd as the eyelike. I also had my reservations about the light fiber cable but it works fine. It works apparently only on a Mac G4 and best with a lot of RAM.
Succes with your back and go for it.

Dam-sv

Eyelike MF scan
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 06:27:33 pm »

I too have an old 6MP philips chipped back (Imacon 3020) and the files are very very good. Will the mirror on the mamiya lockup and stay up for the duration of a 16 shot? I ask because a 16 shot capture is very sensitive to vibration. For 16 shot captures I used to use a DigiflexII because of it's very low mirror slap before I moved to H-system (the mirror stays up).
Nick-T
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119058\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Nick
I know that Mamiya AFD have multiple exposure program with mirror lockup , I hope  this will work with Eyelike MF .

Dam-sv

Eyelike MF scan
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 06:41:08 pm »

The digiflexII is a very nice piece of equipment. I had two but sold them together with my PC nikkor lenses ( 28/35/85pc) and felt real bad after doing so. Last sunday I had the chance to buy a Digiflex 1 together with the Sinar 23 with the same ccd as the eyelike. I also had my reservations about the light fiber cable but it works fine. It works apparently only on a Mac G4 and best with a lot of RAM.
Succes with your back and go for it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119059\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks ixpressraf, for useful information.

Damjan

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Eyelike MF scan
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 08:19:46 pm »

Dear Damjan,

There are still many Eyelike backs in use and they are supported through Sinar Switzerland.

I am not sure which model it is you plan to buy. Simply make a few checks, like the connections/FO plugs, check for damages on the casing due to a drop (can damage the piezo plate used in multishot), look for scratches on the IR filter, ....

Then, if it is a 6 MPx, you should really not pay a lot for it.

Have fun with MFDB!

Best regards,
Thierry

edited for addendum

and here a link to the Eyelike Precision M series:

http://www.eyelike.de/temp/produkte_detail...lumn=1070970706

Hi all

I'm new to posting here and hope to be new to MF soon also. I have oportunity to buy (for relative smal money) Eyelike MF scan (Philips ccd) , with fiber optic cable/pci interface card/software.. I will used  on Mamiya 645AFD ,most of all for art-reproduction 4/16 multi shoot. I am wondering if there are stil people using this back and if it stil is usuable.

Best regards,

Damjan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119053\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 10:42:46 pm by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

andybuk99

Eyelike MF scan
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 03:27:01 am »

I have still got a eyelike precision back and it gives wonderful files albeight small ones. The 16 shot is good but the camera/tripod/subject needs to be perfectly still otherwise you will get strange artefacts on the image. Also make sure that you clear your flash down before doing a 16 shot otherwise you may get uneven lighting and the shots will not complete.

I have just (last week) gone for a Aptus 65 but will still keep the eyelike as it is worth nothing financially.

Oh and if its not the firewire version check all the pci board because I believe they are very tempremental.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 03:28:08 am by andybuk99 »

Dam-sv

Eyelike MF scan
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 07:01:36 am »

Dear Damjan,

There are still many Eyelike backs in use and they are supported through Sinar Switzerland.

I am not sure which model it is you plan to buy. Simply make a few checks, like the connections/FO plugs, check for damages on the casing due to a drop (can damage the piezo plate used in multishot), look for scratches on the IR filter, ....

Then, if it is a 6 MPx, you should really not pay a lot for it.

Have fun with MFDB!

Best regards,
Thierry

edited for addendum

and here a link to the Eyelike Precision M series:

http://www.eyelike.de/temp/produkte_detail...lumn=1070970706
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119078\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Thierry
and thanks for useful tips ,  unfortunately is seller few thousands km. away from me, so I must belive him on the word , The price is around 1500 Eur+50 Eur for mamiya AFD adapter.  , I think it is good deal, if everything works O.K. and model is MF scan ,fiber-optic cabe/pci card, and back to old G4 computer.

Damjan

thsinar

Eyelike MF scan
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 07:19:56 am »

hi Damjan,

the price is fair, nothing to say.

Is it a 6 MPx sensor?

All the best,
Thierry

Hi Thierry
and thanks for useful tips ,  unfortunately is seller few thousands km. away from me, so I must belive him on the word , The price is around 1500 Eur+50 Eur for mamiya AFD adapter.  , I think it is good deal, if everything works O.K. and model is MF scan ,fiber-optic cabe/pci card, and back to old G4 computer.

Damjan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119154\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Dam-sv

Eyelike MF scan
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 07:37:48 am »

hi Damjan,

the price is fair, nothing to say.

Is it a 6 MPx sensor?

All the best,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119157\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Thierry

Yes, 6 MP, Philips chip (I think Dalsa chip is in "little younger" Eyelike M6 DB )

Damjan

thsinar

Eyelike MF scan
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 08:16:36 am »

yes, that's right.

Then good work and all the best with your new gear.

Thierry

Hi Thierry

Yes, 6 MP, Philips chip (I think Dalsa chip is in "little younger" Eyelike M6 DB )

Damjan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119159\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up