Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 profile problems  (Read 2716 times)

daniel voges

Z3100 profile problems
« on: May 22, 2007, 04:55:58 am »

Hi,
When I print from Photoshop and select for the printer to manage the color I get the correct print.
When I select Photoshop to manage the color I get a printout with a magenta color cast.
Any Ideas?.

Also I down loaded the latest color profile installer from HP and installed it on my PC, If I want to use the printer to manage the color must I somehow copy these profiles to the printer or is the printer driver on the pc going to use them.

rdonson

Z3100 profile problems
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 10:57:23 am »

Hi,
When I print from Photoshop and select for the printer to manage the color I get the correct print.
When I select Photoshop to manage the color I get a printout with a magenta color cast.
Any Ideas?.

Also I down loaded the latest color profile installer from HP and installed it on my PC, If I want to use the printer to manage the color must I somehow copy these profiles to the printer or is the printer driver on the pc going to use them.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118957\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What firmware level and driver level do you have installed?  Have you already profiled the paper you're using with the Z3100?  Have you synch'd the printer and PC profiles?
Regards,
Ron

daniel voges

Z3100 profile problems
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 11:44:07 am »

What firmware level and driver level do you have installed?  Have you already profiled the paper you're using with the Z3100?  Have you synch'd the printer and PC profiles?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118992\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Ron, after I reset my PC it looks OK now, but I am still wondering where my profiles need to be located, on the PC and the printer or just on the PC. I downloaded the new profile installer from HP and installed it on my PC, should I now do the synch thing to get them on the printer?.

rdonson

Z3100 profile problems
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 02:24:09 pm »

Thanks Ron, after I reset my PC it looks OK now, but I am still wondering where my profiles need to be located, on the PC and the printer or just on the PC. I downloaded the new profile installer from HP and installed it on my PC, should I now do the synch thing to get them on the printer?.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119003\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Profiles exist on the printer and your PC.

The easiest way to understand is if you think of the printer as a computer that sprays inks on papers.  It has a motherboard, a hard drive, etc.  and it needs to be kept in sync with your PC.  Or.... your PC needs to be synch'd to your printer.

You shouldn't have to worry about where on the PC the profiles are kept.  The HP tooling should sync the PC and the printer and make sure the profiles are in the proper place on you PC and visible to all your applications.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 02:29:30 pm by rdonson »
Regards,
Ron

Mussi_Spectraflow

• http://www.spectraflow.com
Z3100 profile problems
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 02:44:06 pm »

If your printing from PS you want photoshop to manage the colors, you then manually select a paper profile. Also in the printer driver the default is for printer managed color, which should be set to application managed color. You can change the default setting in the driver preferences so you dont have to change this every time.

Julian Mussi
Spectraflow.com
Julian Mussi
 Spectraflow, Color Workflow
Pages: [1]   Go Up